This week's video discusses how God is a creator and that he created us, the plants, animals, and all the creations around us.
LESSON BUNDLE DOWNLOADS:
➤ L E S S O N
Open the lesson with a song and a prayer.
🎶 O P E N I N G S O N G : "My Heavenly Father Loves Me"
➤ P R E P A R A T I O N
Each child will need two white paper towels, and some markers. You will also need a large white plate, and a cup of water.
➤ I N T R O D U C T I O N
Invite the children to draw fish and other sea creatures on one of the napkins. Next, use the second napkin to cover the drawing and place them on the plate together.
Explain that God created the earth, the sun, the moon, the stars, all of the plants and animals, and each one of us! His power brought all of His creations to life!
Now slowly pour a small amount of water on the top napkin, and watch the creations come to life as the drawings become visible through the napkin! Allow each child to try it with their own drawings!
🎥 V I D E O : "The Creation | Animated Scripture Lesson for Kids”
Discuss the following questions after watching the video:
1) Why do we call Heavenly Father “The Creator?” (Discuss God’s creations.)
2) Do we know about all of the things that God has created? (No! He has created more than we can understand!)
3) What can you remember about the creation of the earth? (Discuss what the children remember from the video.)
➤ S C R I P T U R E
[Read the last part of Moses 2:1]
…by mine Only Begotten I created these things; yea, in the beginning I created the heaven, and the earth upon which thou standest.
1) Who created the earth? (Jesus helped create the earth under Heavenly Father’s direction.)
And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good.
1) Do you think God knows His creations? (Yes!)
2) Do you think he knows you? (Yes!)
3) How do you think God feels about His creations? (Discuss.)
[Read the last part of Alma 30:44]
The scriptures are laid before thee, yea, and all things denote there is a God; yea, even the earth, and all things that are upon the face of it, yea, and its motion, yea, and also all the planets which move in their regular form do witness that there is a Supreme Creator.
1) How can we know that God is a supreme creator? (By seeing the wonderful things that He has created!)
2) What are some of God’s creations that make you feel close to God? (Discuss.)
➤ A C T I V I T Y
Play the “Creation” matching game.
Print pages card stock if possible so that the image won’t be visible through the back of the paper. Cut out the cards, shuffle them, and place them face down on a flat surface. Take turns turning over the cards (two at a time) to find a match. If you find a match, keep the cards and take an extra turn!
➤ T E S T I M O N Y
Bear testimony of the truths found in the scriptures.
Did you know our content is streaming AD FREE on Living Scriptures?
Our videos are also available to DOWNLOAD within the Living Scriptures App!
Plus, enjoy hundreds of titles that uplift and enhance the gospel learning in your home! We have an exclusive discount for you: TWO MONTHS FREE with Living Scriptures Streaming!