Jesus Christ Will Come Again
We look forward to the coming of Christ. Before He comes there will be much turmoil. We have been taught to be prepared, temporally and spiritually. This week's lesson will invite your family to discuss the coming of Christ.
LESSON BUNDLE DOWNLOADS:
➤ L E S S O N
Open the lesson with a song and a prayer.
🎶 O P E N I N G S O N G : "I Wonder When He Comes Again"
➤ P R E P A R A T I O N
You will need some metal paper clips, some toothpicks, and a magnet.
➤ I N T R O D U C T I O N
Align the toothpicks and the paperclips in a row on a table or a flat surface. Hold up the magnet, then discuss the following questions.
1) What do you think will happen if I hold this magnet near the paper clips? (The paperclips will stick to the magnet!)
2) What do you think will happen if I hold this magnet near the toothpicks? (Nothing! The toothpicks will stay on the table.)
3) Why will the paperclips go to the magnet? (Because they are magnetic and they want to go to the magnet.)
4) Why won’t the toothpicks go to the magnet? (Because wood is non-magnetic, so wood does not want to go to the magnet.)
Explain that Jesus Christ will come again to the Earth. When He comes again, He won’t He won’t be a baby. He will come as a king with great power and glory! If we are prepared and we have turned our hearts to Him, we will have joy when we see Him, and we will want to go to Him when He gathers His saints! (Use the magnet to gather the paper clips!)
But if we are not prepared and if we have turned our hearts away from Him, we will be afraid and ashamed. We will want to hide from Him. (Use the magnet to show how the toothpicks reject the magnet and will not go to it.)
🎥 V I D E O : "The Field Trip| Preparing for The Second Coming"
Say: “Now we are going to watch a video about some children who are going on a field trip to the zoo! Some of them prepared for the trip, and some of them did not prepare. Let’s watch and see what happens!”
Discuss the following questions after watching the video:
1) What happened to the children who were prepared? (They got on the bus and they went on the field trip.)
2) What happened to the children who did not prepare? (They missed the bus and they didn’t get to go on the field trip.)
3) Why didn’t they prepare? (They thought they had enough time, but the bus suddenly came when they weren’t ready.)
4) What is the bus a symbol of? (It’s a symbol of Jesus Christ’s second coming.)
5) What do we need to do to be prepared for Jesus Christ’s second coming? (Discuss things like studying the scriptures, strengthening our testimonies, sharing the gospel with others, and keeping the commandments.)
6) Can we prepare really fast if He comes suddenly? Or do we need to prepare early? (We need to prepare early.)
➤ S C R I P T U R E
Read the following scripture together and discuss the questions that follow.
Yea, let the cry go forth among all people: Awake and arise and go forth to meet the Bridegroom; behold and lo, the Bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him. Prepare yourselves for the great day of the Lord.
1) Who is the bridegroom? (Jesus Christ is the bridegroom.)
2) What does this scripture tell us to do before the great day? (To prepare!)
Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.
1) When will Jesus Christ come? (In a time that we “think not.” It will be a surprise!)
2) What is this scripture telling us to do? (To be ready!)
For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.
1) How will Jesus appear when He comes again? (In the glory of His Father!)
➤ A C T I V I T Y
[Pass out the coloring page]
Invite children to color the scene from the video and complete the “Spiritual Lunch Bag” activity page. Use this time to talk about what the scriptures and prophets have told us to do to prepare for the second coming.
➤ T E S T I M O N Y
Bear testimony of the truths found in the scriptures.
If you would like to support the future of Latter Day Kids, please consider becoming a monthly patron!
Click HERE to find out more!