Spiritual Gifts: May 3rd-9th
We each have spiritual gifts. It is so valuable to recognize what your spiritual gifts are and help your children to discover what their spiritual gifts are. These gifts help each of us to lift and bless all around us. We invite you to ponder over your spiritual gifts as you study the lesson this week.
Download this week's Lesson Bundle HERE!
Download this week's Activity Page HERE!
➤ L E S S O N
Open the lesson with a song and a prayer.
🎶 K A R A O K E V I D E O : "I Am a Child of God"
➤ P R E P A R A T I O N
You will need 5-10 coins (quarters would work well). Before the lesson, hide the quarters around the room in places where they are visible, but still somewhat hidden.
➤ I N T R O D U C T I O N
Invite one of the children to be a volunteer. Tell everyone that there are some coins hidden around the room. Invite others to watch as the volunteer searches for all of the hidden coins.
After the volunteer has found all of the coins, place them on a table or in another place where everyone can see them.
Explain: When we are baptized, we receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. And through the Holy Ghost, each of us can receive some spiritual powers called Gifts of the Spirit. Heavenly Father gives spiritual gifts to each of us! Heavenly Father has told us to seek these gifts, just like the volunteer had to seek and look for these coins!
🎥 V I D E O : "Spiritual Gifts | Animated Scripture Lesson for Kids"
Say: “We are going to watch a video about gifts of the spirit! See if you can find the gifts, and see if you can remember what some of the gifts are.”
Discuss the following questions after watching the video:
1) What are some of the gifts of the spirit? (Faith, Believing that Jesus is the Christ, Healing. Knowledge, Miracles, Languages, Teaching by the power of the Holy Ghost.)
2) Does everyone receive a gift of the Spirit from Heavenly Father? (Yes.)
3) Does everyone receive all the gifts? (No, everyone receives different gifts.)
➤ S C R I P T U R E
Read the verses below and discuss the questions that follow.
8“...seek ye earnestly the best gifts, always remembering for what they are given;”
1) What does it mean to seek something “earnestly?” (It means really trying to find it.)
11 For all have not every gift given unto them; for there are many gifts, and to every man is given a gift by the Spirit of God.
1) How many gifts of the spirit are there? (There are many gifts.)
2) How many people receive a gift of the spirit? (Everyone!)
3) How are the gifts given to us? (By the spirit of God.)
12 To some is given one, and to some is given another, that all may be profited thereby.
1) Why does Heavenly Father give us spiritual gifts? (So that all may profit from them.)
➤ A C T I V I T Y
Invite children to color complete the activity page! Color the tokens that represent the gifts of the spirit, then color the presents on the other page. Cut on the dotted lines to make paper “doors” that can open and close. Glue or tape the presents paper on top of the “tokens” paper so that the open doors reveal the gifts of the spirit. Invite the children to “seek” the gifts of the spirit by opening the doors. Use this time to talk about the gifts of the spirit that are given through the Holy Ghost.
➤ T E S T I M O N Y
Bear testimony of the truths found in the scriptures.
Latter Day Kids is streaming on Living Scriptures!
Why watch on Living Scriptures?
-Early access! Our videos release on Thursday (every week), two days earlier than the YouTube release.
- Watch ad free!
- Watch in a safe environment!
- Enjoy thousands of uplifting titles.
We are offering an exclusive TWO month free trial for our Latter Day Kids supporters! Use the code: latterdaykids at checkout!