Jesus Christ is our deliverer! We need Him! He delivers us from sin and death, but He also can deliver us at times in our lives when we need Him most. He has always delivered His people. This lesson teaches about how God delivered Israel, yet again.
LESSON BUNDLE DOWNLOADS:
➤ L E S S O N
Open the lesson with a song and a prayer.
🎶 O P E N I N G S O N G : "Did Jesus Really Live Again?"
➤ P R E P A R A T I O N
You will need a carton of eggs, a spoon, and a frying pan. Place the frying pan on one side of the room with some of the eggs inside it. Place the carton with the rest of the eggs on the floor on the other side of the room.
➤ I N T R O D U C T I O N A C T I V I T Y
Invite the children to take turns “rescuing” the eggs (from being fried) by carrying them with the spoon one at a time back to the egg carton. After the activity, discuss the following questions:
1) Could the eggs rescue themselves from the frying pan? (No.)
2) Could the eggs rescue each other from the frying pan? (No, they needed someone with the power to rescue them!)
3) Can we rescue ourselves from sin and from death? (No.)
4) Can we rescue each other from sin and from death? (No. We need someone with the power to rescue us!)
5) Who has the power to rescue us from sin and from death? (Jesus Christ!)
Explain that one of the titles of Jesus Christ is “The Deliverer.” A deliverer is someone who rescues people from something terrible.
🎥 V I D E O : "The Fire Rescue | Animated Scripture Lesson for Kids"
Say: “Now we are going to watch a video about a boy who needed to be rescued! Let’s watch and see who had the power to rescue him!”
Discuss the following questions after watching the video:
1) Who needed to be rescued in this story? (The boy who was trapped by the fire!)
2) Who had the power to rescue the boy? (The firefighter!)
3) Who does the boy represent? (He represents each of us!)
4) What does the fire represent? What are the things that we need to be delivered from? (We need to be delivered from sin and from death!)
5) Who has the power to deliver us from sin and from death? (Jesus Christ!)
➤ S C R I P T U R E
Read the scriptures below and discuss the questions that follow.
And when the children of Israel cried unto the Lord, the Lord raised up a deliverer to the children of Israel, who delivered them, even Othniel the son of Kenaz...
1) Do you know what the Israelites needed to be rescued from? (They needed to be rescued from war and from bondage.)
2) Who did the Lord send to deliver them? (Othniel.)
3) Who can Othniel remind us of? (He can remind us of Jesus Christ, who is our deliverer!)
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.
1) Do you know who is speaking in this verse? (Jesus Christ is praying to Heavenly Father to give an example of how to pray.)
2) Who has the power to deliver us from temptation and evil? (Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.)
And moreover, I say unto you, that there shall be no other name given nor any other way nor means whereby salvation can come unto the children of men, only in and through the name of Christ, the Lord Omnipotent.
1) Who does this scripture teach us about? (Jesus Christ!)
2) What does this verse teach us about Jesus Christ? (That Jesus Christ is the only way that salvation can come to us.)
➤ A C T I V I T Y
Invite the children to color the scene from the video. Use this time to talk about Jesus Christ and His role as our deliverer.
➤ T E S T I M O N Y
Bear testimony of the truths found in the scriptures.
Want to download Latter Day Kids videos to your device to watch offline?
The easiest way is with the Living Scriptures app! Just open the app, find the videos you want to watch, and click the download button!
If you haven’t tried Living Scriptures yet, here is the best opportunity you will ever get to take it for a test drive! We’ve partnered with them to get you a 60 day free trial available only to Latter Day Kids viewers! (Normally it’s only 2 weeks!)
We love Living Scriptures Streaming, and we use it regularly! We hope you’ll join us there: https://www.livingscriptures.com/ldk