Divine Attributes of Christ
There is so much meaning in studying the attributes of Jesus Christ. As we study the Savior's character and attributes it can strengthen our faith and trust in Him. We can also study his attributes to become more like Him in our own character. This week's lesson invites you and your family to study the attributes of Christ.
Download this week's Lesson Bundle HERE!
Download this week's Activity Page HERE!
➤ L E S S O N
Open the lesson with a song and a prayer.
🎶 K A R A O K E V I D E O : "I Stand All Amazed"
➤ P R E P A R A T I O N
You will need a rock, some water, some bread, and a small light.
➤ I N T R O D U C T I O N
Place the objects on the table and ask the children to describe each item, one at a time. Try to encourage discussion about each item, what it does, how it can help us, etc. For example: A rock is firm, hard, immovable, sturdy, a good foundation, etc. Water gives life, we can’t live without it, water cleans and washes us, etc.
When you have finished talking about each item, discuss the following questions:
1) The scriptures teach us that Jesus Christ is the rock on which we should build. How do you think Jesus Christ is like a rock? (Discuss.)
2) The scriptures teach us that Jesus Christ is the living water. How do you think Jesus Christ is like water? (Discuss.)
3) The scriptures teach us that Jesus Christ is the bread of life. How do you think Jesus Christ is like bread? (Discuss.)
4) The scriptures teach us that Jesus Christ is the light of the world. How do you think Jesus Christ is like a light? (Discuss.)
🎥 V I D E O : " Divine Attributes of Jesus Christ | Animated Scripture Lessons for Kids
Say: Now we are going to watch a video about more attributes of Jesus Christ. See if you can remember 4 things from this video that the scriptures teach us about Jesus Christ.
[Watch Video: “Divine Attributes of Jesus Christ | Animated Scripture Lessons for Kids]
1) Can you remember the four attributes of Jesus Christ that were shown in the video? (He is powerful, He knows all things, He keeps His promises, and He loves all of us!)
2) Why do we need to learn about Jesus Christ? (Knowing about Him can help us have stronger faith in Him!)
3) Where can we learn about Jesus Christ? (In the scriptures.)
4) Can you think of any other things that you have learned about Jesus Christ from the scriptures? (Discuss.)
➤ S C R I P T U R E
Read the verses below and discuss the questions that follow.
1 Behold, and hearken unto the voice of him who has all power, who is from everlasting to everlasting, even Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end.
1) What can we learn about Jesus Christ from this scripture?” (He has all power.)
9 As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.
1) What can we learn about Jesus Christ from this scripture?” (He loves us.)
[1 Nephi 9:6]
6 But the Lord knoweth all things from the beginning; wherefore, he prepareth a way to accomplish all his works among the children of men; for behold, he hath all power unto the fulfilling of all his words.
1) What can we learn about Jesus Christ from this scripture?” (He knows all things, he has all power, and he will fulfill all his words and keep his promises.)
➤ A C T I V I T Y
Invite the children to color the “Divine Attributes of Jesus Christ” activity page. Use this time to talk about Jesus Christ and why we can have strong faith in Him.
➤ T E S T I M O N Y
Bear testimony of the truths found in the scriptures.
Latter Day Kids is streaming on Living Scriptures!
Why watch on Living Scriptures?
-Early access! Our videos release on Thursday (every week), two days earlier than the YouTube release.
- Watch ad free!
- Watch in a safe environment!
- Enjoy thousands of uplifting titles.
We are offering an exclusive TWO month free trial for our Latter Day Kids supporters! Use the code: latterdaykids at checkout!
'Come, Follow Me' is a resource offered by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It is designed to be used in the home to support personal and family scripture study to build faith in Heavenly Father and His plan of salvation and in the Savior Jesus Christ and His Atonement. Come, Follow Me is self-contained and adequate, when used properly. Products and materials designed to supplement this resource, though they may be helpful in some instances, are not necessary for a successful home study program.