Daniel and the Lion's Den: Oct. 31st- Nov. 6th
Daniel was courageous. He prayed when it could mean his life. The Lord showed up for Daniel in a big way. He kept Daniel safe in a den of lions. Sometimes we can feel that we have been thrown to the lions. We have to trust the the Lord will show up for us too.
LESSON BUNDLE DOWNLOADS:
➤ L E S S O N
Open the lesson with a song and a prayer.
🎶 O P E N I N G S O N G : "I Will Follow God's Plan"
➤ P R E P A R A T IO N
You will need a large blanket, a full-size baking sheet, and four chairs. Spread the blanket on the floor and place the chairs and backing sheet to the side of the blanket.
➤ I N T R O D U C T I O N A C T I V I T Y
Explain the following: “God has sent us to earth to see if we will be steady and faithful in all situations. Daniel from the Old Testament was a good example of this! He prayed to Heavenly Father every day, no matter what was happening around him!”
Invite a volunteer to kneel on the blanket in a praying pose. Explain that they will be demonstrating what it looks like to be faithful in all situations. Instruct the volunteer to try to reverently stay in the praying pose until the end of the activity, no matter what happens!
Now, invite the other members of the group to hold the outside edges of the blanket and to move the edges up and down to simulate an “earthquake!” Next, use the baking sheet to simulate a wind storm! Finally, use the chairs to create a prison!
After you complete the activity, discuss the following questions:
1) Was the volunteer faithful and steady during the “earthquake?” (Discuss.)
2) Was the volunteer faithful and steady during the “wind storm?” (Discuss.)
3) Was the volunteer faithful and steady when they were “prison?” (Discuss.)
4) How did you feel when you saw the volunteer being faithful? (Discuss.)
5) How do you think Heavenly Father feels when he sees His children being faithful and steady? (Discuss.)
🎥 V I D E O : "Daniel and the Lion's Den | Animated Scripture Lesson for Kids"
Now we are going to watch a video about Daniel and the Lion’s Den! Daniel prayed every day and things were going well for Daniel. But soon, some things started to change around him and things were not going well for him! Let’s watch and see if Daniel stays steady and faithful to God, even when things aren’t going well.
Discuss the following questions after watching the video:
1) Was Daniel steady and faithful to God when things were going well? (Yes!)
2) What changed that made things worse for Daniel? (The other men wanted to get Daniel in trouble, and they told the king to make a new law so they could punish Daniel.)
3) What did Daniel choose to do when things were not going well? (He was steady and faithful to God.)
4) How do you think Daniel felt about Heavenly Father? (Discuss.)
➤ S C R I P T U R E
Read the following scriptures and discuss the questions that follow.
[Read the first part of Daniel 6:22]
My God hath sent his angel, and hath shut the lions’ mouths, that they have not hurt me…
1) Who is speaking in this verse? (Daniel is speaking while he is still in the Lion’s den.)
2) How was Daniel protected from the Lions? (The Lord sent an angel to shut the Lions’ mouths.)
3) Was the first time that Daniel was steady and faithful? Or did Daniel practice being steady and faithful for a long time? (Discuss.)
4) What are some little things we can do to practice being steady and faithful? (Discuss.)
[Read Abraham 3:25]
And we will prove them herewith, to see if they will do all things whatsoever the Lord their God shall command them.
1) Who is speaking in this verse? (Heavenly Father is speaking in the premortal life. He is telling us about his plan for us.)
2) What does the word “prove” mean? (It means to test someone to see what they will do.)
3) What did Heavenly Father say He wanted to test us on? (To see if we will keep His commandments.)
[Read Mosiah 2:41]
And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received into heaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness.
What are some blessings we receive when we are steady and faithful in keeping the commandments? (Happiness, spiritual blessings, temporal blessings, received into heaven, dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness.)
➤ A C T I V I T Y
Invite Children to color the scene from the video and make the clothespin puppets! Use this time to talk about keeping the Lord’s commandments and being steady and faithful in all situations.
➤ T E S T I M O N Y
Bear testimony of the truths found in the scriptures.
Want to download Latter Day Kids videos to your device to watch offline?
The easiest way is with the Living Scriptures app! Just open the app, find the videos you want to watch, and click the download button!
If you haven’t tried Living Scriptures yet, here is the best opportunity you will ever get to take it for a test drive! We’ve partnered with them to get you a 60 day free trial available only to Latter Day Kids viewers! (Normally it’s only 2 weeks!)
We love Living Scriptures Streaming, and we use it regularly! We hope you’ll join us there: https://www.livingscriptures.com/ldk