We Will All Be Resurrected
We will live again. Each of us will be re-united with our marvelous bodies! What a blessing it is to have this knowledge. The loss of life, and the grief that follows, is one of the most painful parts of the human experience. The light in that grief is the beautiful truth that we will see our loved ones again and that we will also live again! This lesson was created to celebrate the beauty of the atonement and resurrection of Jesus Christ! We hope that your children will feel the joy to be found in the doctrine of the resurrection as they watch, listen and discuss these truths.
Download this week's Lesson Bundle below!
➤ L E S S O N
Open the lesson with a song and a prayer.
🎶 O P E N I N G S O N G : "Did Jesus Really Live Again?"
➤ I N T R O D U C T I O N
Say: “Isn't it wonderful to have a body!? We can do so many things with our bodies!”
“We can clap our hands!” (Invite children to clap their hands together in a rhythm.)
“We can snap our fingers!” (Invite children to continue the rhythm by snapping their fingers.)
“We can pat our knees!” (Invite children to continue the rhythm by patting their knees.)
“And we can stomp our feet!” (Invite children to continue the rhythm by stomping their feet.)
After you conclude the activity, discuss the following questions. Feel free to modify the questions to talk about specific activities that your children enjoy the most!
1) Think about all of the amazing things you can do with your body! Do you like to go
swimming? (Invite children to raise their hands.)
2) Why do you like swimming? (Invite children to share.)
3) Do you like sliding down a slide? (Invite children to raise their hands.)
4) Why do you like sliding down a slide? (Invite children to share.)
5) Do you like to run and jump? (Invite children to raise their hands.)
6) Why do you like to run and jump? (Invite children to share.)
7) Could you do any of these things if you didn’t have a body? (No.)
8) Why do you think Heavenly Father wants us to have a body? (So we can be like Him and
so we can have joy!)
🎥 V I D E O : "We Will All Be Resurrected"
Say: “Now we are going to watch a video about some children like you! Let’s see what these children like to do!”
Discuss the following questions after watching the video:
1) What is something that these children like to do? (Play musical instruments.)
2) If these children didn’t have a body, could they play their musical instruments any more?
3) Why did they have to say goodbye to their bodies and the people that they loved? (Because their bodies couldn’t live forever like Heavenly Father.)
4) Does Heavenly Father want us to lose our bodies and the people that we love? (No.)
5) What did Heavenly Father do to help us? (He sent his Son Jesus Christ.)
6) What happened after Jesus Christ died? (He was resurrected.)
7) Why did Jesus Christ do this? (To obey Heavenly Father, and so we could be resurrected and have our bodies again.)
8) Who will be resurrected? (Everyone!)
➤ S C R I P T U R E
Amulek is teaching the people of Ammonihah about the resurrection. Read the following verses together and discuss the questions that follow:
43 “The spirit and the body shall be reunited again in its perfect form; both limb and joint shall be restored to its proper frame, even as we now are at this time...”
1) What happens to our spirit and body when we die? (Our spirit and body are separated.)
2) What happens to our spirit and body when we are resurrected? (They go back together.)
44 “Now, this restoration shall come to all, both old and young, both bond and free, both male and female, both the wicked and the righteous; and even there shall not so much as a hair of their heads be lost; but every thing shall be restored to its perfect frame…”
1) Who will be resurrected? (Everyone.)
2) What does it mean to restore something? (To put something back, give something back or
make something like it was before.)
3) What do you think it means when it says our bodies will be “restored?” (Discuss.)
➤ A C T I V I T Y
Pass out activity pages.
Follow the directions on the activity pages. Use this activity as an opportunity to explain that the joys we experience both now and after this life are only possible because of the atonement and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
➤ T E S T I M O N Y
Bear testimony of the truths found in the scriptures.
'Come, Follow Me' is a resource offered by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It is designed to be used in the home to support personal and family scripture study to build faith in Heavenly Father and His plan of salvation and in the Savior Jesus Christ and His Atonement. Come, Follow Me is self-contained and adequate, when used properly. Products and materials designed to supplement this resource, though they may be helpful in some instances, are not necessary for a successful home study program.