Teach These Things To Your Children
Parent's have been given a sacred charge, to teach their children about Jesus Christ and his gospel. So many wonderful parents are doing just that! You are one of them. May you be blessed in your efforts to teach your children!
LESSON BUNDLE DOWNLOADS:
➤ L E S S O N
Open the lesson with a song and a prayer.
🎶 O P E N I N G S O N G : "I Am a Child of God"
➤ P R E P A R A T I O N
You will need several sheets of printer paper, some scissors, and a pencil.
➤ I N T R O D U C T I O N
Have the children create paper doll chains to represent their family! Fold a sheet of paper in half the long way. Cut along the fold to make a long, skinny sheet of paper. Fold this paper in half twice the short way to form a short rectangle of 4 layers. Use the pencil to draw the outline of a person (make sure the arms go all the way to the edge of the paper).
Explain that while we are here on earth, we need to learn lots of things! And one of the best places for us to learn is in our family! Family is a very important part of Heavenly Father’s plan, and Heavenly Father has commanded parents to teach their children about the gospel of Jesus Christ
🎥 V I D E O : "Teach These Things to Your Children| Animated Scriptures Lesson for Kids”
Say: “Now we are going to watch a video about some things that new babies learn from their parents! While you are watching, see if you can remember some of the things that the new baby learns!”
[Watch Video: “Teach These Things to Your Children | Animated Scripture Lesson for Kids”]
Discuss the following questions after watching the video:
1) What are some things that this baby learned from his parents? (To eat, to walk, to wash his clothes, to clean his room, etc.)
2) Did the baby understand how to do those things on the first try? (No, he had to practice.)
3) Who should teach the baby about Jesus Christ? (Heavenly Father has commanded parents to teach their children.)
4) Do you think the baby will understand how to follow Jesus Christ on the first try? (No, he will have to practice that too!)
5) What do you think the parents can do to help their baby boy learn to follow Jesus Christ? (Discuss some ideas about what the parents can do to help the boy learn to follow Jesus Christ.)
➤ S C R I P T U R E
Read the following scriptures and discuss the questions that follow.
Therefore I give unto you a commandment, to teach these things freely unto your children…
1) Who is speaking in this verse? (The Lord is speaking.)
2) What did the Lord command parents to do for their children? (To teach the Gospel of Jesus Christ to their children.)
And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins.
1) Why do these parents talk and write about Jesus Christ so much? (Because they want their children to know that Jesus Christ is their Savior!)
2) Do you think we should talk about Christ and write about Christ in our family? (Discuss.)
Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right.
1) When parents are teaching us about Jesus Christ, what does Heavenly Father want the children to do? (To obey their parents.)
➤ A C T I V I T Y
[Pass out the Activity Pages]
Invite the children to color the scene from the video. Use this time to talk about God’s gift of free agency and what we need in order to learn to make good choices.
➤ T E S T I M O N Y
Bear testimony of the truths found in the scriptures.
Did you know our content is streaming AD FREE on Living Scriptures?
Our videos are also available to DOWNLOAD within the Living Scriptures App!
Plus, enjoy hundreds of titles that uplift and enhance the gospel learning in your home! We have an exclusive discount for you: TWO MONTHS FREE with Living Scriptures Streaming!