Stand in Holy Places
What does it mean to stand in holy places? Sharon G. Larson from the General Young Women's presidency stated, "Standing in holy places is all about being in good company, whether you are alone or with others. It’s being where the Holy Ghost is our companion—alone or in a crowd." This week's lesson will prompt a discussion about how each of us can stand in holy places, wherever that might be.
Download this week's Lesson Bundle HERE!
Download this week's Activity Page HERE!
➤ L E S S O N
Open the lesson with a song and a prayer.
🎶 O P E N I N G S O N G : "I Love to See the Temple"
➤ P R E P A R A T I O N
You will need 5-10 towels, some sheets of blank paper, and a large marker to write on the paper with.
➤ I N T R O D U C T I O N
Place the towels on the floor to create a pathway of “stepping stones” leading across the room. Leave some space between them so that the children will need to reach slightly to step from one towel to the next.
Invite the children to play the “hot lava” game! The goal is to get from one side of the room to the other without touching the hot lava (the floor)! The towels serve as safe spaces where it is safe to stand!
Once you have completed the activity, discuss the following questions:
1) Did you make it to the other side? (Yes!)
2) How did you do it? (By standing on the safe spaces.)
3) What would happen if there were no safe spaces? (They couldn’t make it across the room and they would have to go in the lava!)
4) Do you think your Heavenly Father wants you to make it safely back to Him? (Yes!)
5) What are some safe spaces that Heavenly Father has given us to help us on our journey? (Discuss things such as scriptures, living prophets, our families, the church, the temple, good friends, prayer, etc.)
As you talk about each idea, write it on a sheet of paper and place it on one of the towels.
🎥 V I D E O : "Stand in Holy Places | Animated Scripture Lesson for Kids"
Say: “We are going to watch a video about a girl who lives near a meadow. Her family needs to cross the river sometimes, but there is no bridge. Watch, and see if you can find out how they can get across the river safely!
Discuss the following questions after watching the video:
1) How did the girl and her family get across the river? (They stood on the rocks!)
2) What did the river represent? (The world and the influence of the world.)
3) What did the rocks represent? (Holy places, Heavenly Father, and the Holy Ghost).
4) Do you think Heavenly Father is strong enough to keep us safe from the influences of the world? (Yes!)
5) What do we have to do? (Stand in holy places.)
6) What does it mean to stand in holy places? (To go to places where the Holy Ghost can be, and to do the things that will invite the Holy Ghost to be with us!)
➤ S C R I P T U R E
Read the verses below and discuss the questions that follow.
32 But my disciples shall stand in holy places, and shall not be moved...”
1) What is a disciple? (Someone who follows Jesus Christ.)
2) What does the Lord say His disciples should do? (Stand in holy places.)
3) What are some things we can do to stand in holy places and not be moved? (Discuss.)
3 Who shall ascend into the hill of the Lord? or who shall stand in his holy place?
4 He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.
1) What do you think it means to have clean hands? (Discuss.)
2) What do you think it means to have a pure heart? (Discuss.)
3) How will standing in Holy places help us? (Discuss.)
➤ A C T I V I T Y
Invite children to color the scene from the video. Read the scripture together and discuss what you can do to “stand in holy places.”
➤ T E S T I M O N Y
Bear testimony of the truths found in the scriptures.
Latter Day Kids is streaming on Living Scriptures!
Why watch on Living Scriptures?
-Early access! Our videos release on Thursday (every week), two days earlier than the YouTube release.
- Watch ad free!
- Watch in a safe environment!
- Enjoy thousands of uplifting titles.
We are offering an exclusive TWO month free trial for our Latter Day Kids supporters! Use the code: latterdaykids at checkout!
'Come, Follow Me' is a resource offered by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It is designed to be used in the home to support personal and family scripture study to build faith in Heavenly Father and His plan of salvation and in the Savior Jesus Christ and His Atonement. Come, Follow Me is self-contained and adequate, when used properly. Products and materials designed to supplement this resource, though they may be helpful in some instances, are not necessary for a successful home study program.