Share the Gospel- Come Follow Me: May 18th-24th
Missionary Mouse is eager to share his cheese. He soon learns that not everyone likes the cheese he loves so much. This week's lesson invites conversations about sharing the gospel is natural when we love others and when we love the gospel. And if others reject the gospel, at least they will know that we love them. We hope these resources will promote discussions and valuable teaching moments about missionary work with your young children.
Download this week's Lesson Bundle HERE!
➤ L E S S O N
Open the lesson with a song and a prayer.
🎶 K A R A O K E V I D E O : "Called to Serve"
➤ P R E P A R A T I O N
Make sure to print out the drawing challenge before the lesson. You will also need some clothespins
for the activity.
➤ I N T R O D U C T I O N
Pass out copies of the drawing challenge. Invite children to try to connect all of the dots by drawing only 4 straight lines! You may want to print extra copies so that children can try more than once!
If one of the children knows how, or figures out how to connect the dots, allow them to share the solution with other children or with other people who are present!
If children aren’t able to find the solution, show them how to do it, then conclude the activity.
If you don’t know the solution, do an internet search for the phrase “connect dots with straight lines.”
After you conclude the drawing challenge, discuss the following questions:
1) Did anyone know how to do the challenge before we started? Were you excited to show the others? (discuss)
2) Think about the person who got to show everyone the answer. Do you think they had fun telling everyone? (discuss)
3) Think about the people who found out the answer for the first time. Do you think they were excited and happy to find out? (discuss)
Explain: “Telling others the answer to this challenge is kind of like telling others about Jesus Christ! When we believe in Jesus Christ and keep his commandments, we feel a change in our hearts and it’s amazing!”
“But there are lots of people who don’t know about Jesus Christ, and there are lots of people who don’t understand - just like some of us didn’t understand how to do the drawing challenge.”
“But if we know about it, we are excited to teach others about it, just like we are excited to show others the answer to the drawing challenge!”
🎥 V I D E O : "Missionary Mouse | A Story About Sharing the Gospel with Others"
Say: “Now we are going to watch a video about a mouse who wants to share something with the other animals in his neighborhood. When you are watching, see if you can tell why he wanted to share!”
Discuss the following questions after watching the video:
1) What did the mouse want to share with the other animals? (cheese)
2) The mouse really wanted to share with all the other animals, didn’t he? (yes)
3) Why do you think he felt this way? Why did he want to show the other animals? (discuss)
4) Did all of the animals like the cheese? (no)
5) How did the mouse feel when they didn’t all like the cheese? (sad)
6) When we tell other people about Jesus Christ, is everyone going to like it? (discuss)
7) Is it okay if we are sad about that? (discuss)
8) What made the mouse happy? (when he found someone that also liked the cheese)
9) How do you think we will feel if we find someone who loves Jesus Christ and wants to hear more about our church? (discuss)
10) How do you think that person will feel? (happy)
➤ S C R I P T U R E
Read the following verses together and discuss the questions that follow.
1) What did the sons of Mosiah want to do? (preach repentance and faith)
1) How long did they keep asking their father to go to the land of Nephi to teach about Jesus Christ? (many days)
2) Why do you think they wanted to go so badly? (discuss)
1) Who did King Mosiah have to ask? (the Lord)
1) What did the Lord say? (to let them go, and that they would find many who will believe in Jesus Christ)
2) Do you think everyone will believe? Or only some of them? (discuss)
3) How do you think they will feel when they find the ones who will believe? (discuss)
➤ A C T I V I T Y
Follow the directions on the activity pages. Use this activity as an opportunity to discuss the joys and disappointments of missionary service.
➤ T E S T I M O N Y
Bear testimony of the truths found in the scriptures.