Job suffered greatly through much trial and tribulation. Through all of his suffering, he trusted in the Lord. There is much to be learned about faith as we study the story of Job.
LESSON BUNDLE DOWNLOADS:
➤ L E S S O N
Open the lesson with a song and a prayer.
🎶 O P E N I N G S O N G : "A Child’s Prayer"
➤ P R E P A R A T I O N
Make sure each child will have enough space around them to jump up and down!
➤ I N T R O D U C T I O N A C T I V I T Y
Invite the children to stand and jump as high as they can without bending their knees! (Not even a little bit.) They will find that if they keep their knees perfectly straight, jumping becomes very difficult! Now tell them to try again, but this time they can bend their knees as much as they want! They will find that the lower they bend their knees, the higher they can jump! After you have completed the activity, have the children sit down again and explain the following:
We just saw that the only way to jump high was to bend low first! When we are brought low with trials or difficulties, those trials can actually help lift us higher if we have faith in the Lord! In the scriptures, we learn that trials can soften our hearts, make us stronger, and increase our faith in the Lord!
🎥 V I D E O : "The Story of Job | Animated Scripture Lesson for Kids"
Say: “Now we are going to watch a video about a Job! Job experienced many trials. Let’s watch and see if Job’s trials lifted him higher.”
Discuss the following questions after watching the video:
1) What were some of Job’s trials? (Discuss some of the trials that the children remember from the story.)
2) What did Job do when he was tested? (He was humble, and he trusted in the Lord.)
3) What lesson did Job learn? (He learned to be humble and to trust the Lord.)
➤ S C R I P T U R E
Read the scriptures below and discuss the questions that follow.
For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:
1) Who is speaking in this verse? (Job is speaking when he is in the middle of his trials.)
2) Who did Job rely on during his trials? (He trusted in the Lord!)
And I have been supported under trials and troubles of every kind, yea, and in all manner of afflictions; yea, God has delivered me from prison, and from bonds, and from death; yea, and I do put my trust in him, and he will still deliver me.
1) Do you know who is speaking in this verse? (Alma is teaching his son Helaman about the Lord.)
2) Who did Alma rely on during his trials? (He relied on the Lord.)
3) When we are facing a trial or difficulty, what can we do to turn our hearts to the Lord? (We can pray, we can read scriptures, we can sing songs that invite the Holy Ghost, we can share stories about Jesus Christ, etc.)
My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment; And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes.
1) What is happening in this verse? (The Lord is speaking to Joseph Smith when he was in the middle of some trials and adversity.)
2) What did the Lord say will happen if we are faithful in our trials? (He will lift us up higher!)
3) What are some things we can do to help others in their trials? (We can comfort them, pray for them, serve them, etc.)
➤ A C T I V I T Y
Pass out the coloring page, one to each child. Invite the children to color the image of Job on his knees praying to the Lord. Use this time to talk about how trials that bring us low can lift us higher, and what we can do to rely on the Lord during our trials.
➤ T E S T I M O N Y
Bear testimony of the truths found in the scriptures.
Want to download Latter Day Kids videos to your device to watch offline?
The easiest way is with the Living Scriptures app! Just open the app, find the videos you want to watch, and click the download button!
If you haven’t tried Living Scriptures yet, here is the best opportunity you will ever get to take it for a test drive! We’ve partnered with them to get you a 60 day free trial available only to Latter Day Kids viewers! (Normally it’s only 2 weeks!)
We love Living Scriptures Streaming, and we use it regularly! We hope you’ll join us there: https://www.livingscriptures.com/ldk