Have you ever marveled at the endless curiosity of children? According to some studies, four-year-olds ask as many as 300 questions every day. That’s truly astonishing!
Young minds seek knowledge and thirst for answers. Children ask, tirelessly, for what they need — with perfect faith, humility and trust. Jesus said we must "become as little children'' in order to enter into the Kingdom of God. Perhaps this is one of the qualities that the Lord would have us emulate!
May you be blessed in all of your efforts to teach the gospel in your homes and as you teach and minister to others. We hope the activities in this lesson will help you to draw nearer to the Lord!
L E S S O N B U N D L E D O W N L O A D S
➤ P R E P A R A T I O N
You will need one or more items that tell time (clocks, watches, cell phones, etc.). Place these items inside a bag or backpack. Make sure that there are no visible clocks anywhere in the room where you will be teaching the lesson.
➤ L E S S O N
Open the lesson with a song and a prayer.
🎶 O P E N I N G S O N G : "Did You Think To Pray?"
➤ I N T R O D U C T I O N
Before opening the bag, ask the children the following questions:
1) What time is it right now? (Allow children to search for a watch, clock, or mobile device to find the answer.)
2) When we want to know what time it is, what do we do? Do we look around for something? (We search for something right away!)
3) What are we looking for? (We are looking for a clock or watch!)
4) Why do we look for a clock or watch? (Because we know they can tell us the time!)
Now reveal the clocks from the bag. Place them on the table one at a time as you explain the following: “These clocks are kind of like Heavenly Father! The clocks can tell us one thing that we need to know, but Heavenly Father can tell us all of the things that we need to know! In the scriptures, Heavenly Father has told us lots of times to ask Him. He wants us to turn to Him when we want to know the truth, just like we turn to a clock when we want to know what time it is.”
🎥 V I D E O : "Faith is the Evidence of Things Not Seen"
Say: “Now we are going to watch a video about Joseph Smith. When he was young, he was looking for an answer to a very important question. See if you can find out what Joseph Smith wanted to know, and see if you can find out what he did to find the answer to his question.”
Discuss the following questions after watching the video:
1) What did Joseph want to know? (He wanted to know which church to join.)
2) Where did Joseph Smith turn to find the answer? (He searched the scriptures and he prayed to ask Heavenly Father.)
3) Joseph found a scripture that gave him an idea. Do you remember what the scripture said to do? (It said that if we don’t know something, we should ask God!)
➤ S C R I P T U R E
Read the verses below and discuss the questions that follow.
1) What does it mean to lack wisdom? (It means we don’t know what to do, or there is something we don’t understand.)
2) How can we ask God something? What do we have to do? (We can talk to Heavenly Father any time by praying to Him!)
3) What did Heavenly Father promise to us in this verse? (He will give us the wisdom that we are seeking from Him!)
4) Can you think of other stories in the scriptures when someone needed to ask God for something? (Discuss the children’s answers.)
1) What does it mean to ask “in faith”? (It means we are willing to do the work to find our answer, and we are willing to take action and do the things that Heavenly Father teaches us.)
2) This verse said we must ask without wavering. What do you think “wavering” means? (Invite children to walk across the room and show you what they think “wavering” looks like.)
3) What do you think it means to not waver when we are asking Heavenly Father something? (It means our faith is strong, we believe He will answer us, and we keep seeking the answer from Him.)
4) How did Joseph Smith show that he was not wavering? (He worked for a long time to find an answer to his question, he kept asking and really wanted to know.)
➤ A C T I V I T Y P A G E S
Invite children to color the images. Remind them that coloring a picture is like showing faith! “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.”
➤ T E S T I M O N Y
Bear testimony of the truths found in the scriptures.
Don't miss this giveaway!
Salt and Hart is hosting an unbelievable giveaway! Here is what the ten winners will receive:
1: A Salt and Hart product of their choice + $100 to AMAZON!
2: A Salt and Hart product of their choice + $75 to AMAZON!
3: A Salt and Hart product of their choice + $50 to AMAZON!
4-10: A Salt and Hart product of their choice!
So easy to enter! Use this link to go to the reel on Instagram and take 4 actions:
1. FOLLOW @saltandhart
2. LIKE the reel
3. COMMENT on the reel which cardset caught your eye AND tag someone who would love more Christ in their life!
4. SHARE the reel to your story!
Giveaway ends on Monday, November 13th, so you'll need to act fast!
Salt and Hart has card sets for a variety of scripture-based themes (sets for missionaries, for mothers, names and titles of Jesus Christ, and more!) These make excellent gifts, and they are so beautiful and easy to use!
Don’t miss the black Friday sale (Nov. 23-26) where you can get up to 25% off everything on their website!