He is Risen: April 3rd-9th
The resurrection of Jesus Christ was a miracle!
When the apostles first heard the news, the words seemed to them “as idle tales” and they believed them not! Then, when the apostles saw the risen Savior for themselves, they “believed not for joy!”
It was too good to be true!
May our hearts be filled with renewed faith and hope during this special time of year - when we commemorate the resurrection of Jesus Christ! Jesus did the impossible. He was crucified and was laid to rest. Then…He rose again on the third day, loosening the bands of death for all!
He is risen! Hallelujah, He is risen!!!
LESSON BUNDLE DOWNLOADS:
➤ L E S S O N
Open the lesson with a song and a prayer.
🎶 O P E N I N G S O N G : "Did Jesus Really Live Again?"
➤ P R E P A R A T I O N
You will need a cup that is opaque (not see-through), some paper towels, and another clear glass with a small amount of water in it. Before the lesson begins, stack the paper towels together, fold them in half, and then roll them up tightly. Bend the roll into a “C” shape and compress the roll tightly into the bottom of the opaque cup so that it stays in position even when the cup is turned upside down.
➤ I N T R O D U C T I O N
Hold the glass of water up in front of the group. Explain that this is a glass of real water. Take a small drink to show them it’s real. Drink the water until there is only about 1⁄8 cup left. Now hold up the opaque cup and pour the water into it. Wait for just a moment to allow the water to soak into the paper towels. Now tell the children that when you turn the cup around, no water will come out. Ask them if they believe you. Now, turn the cup upside down. It will appear that the water has vanished!
After this activity, discuss the following questions:
1) Did you see me pour the water into the cup? (Yes.)
2) What should have happened when I turned the cup upside down? (The water
should have poured out of the cup.)
3) Did you believe me when I said no water would pour out of the cup? (Discuss.)
4) Were you surprised when no water poured out of the cup? (Yes.)
5) Jesus told many people that He would be resurrected after He died. Do you think
His followers believed Him? (Yes.)
6) When Jesus was resurrected, do you think some of them were still surprised?
Explain the following: Today, we are going to learn about the resurrection of Jesus Christ. His body was in the tomb for three days after He died. When He was resurrected, it was a miracle!
🎥 V I D E O : "The Easter Surprise | Animated Scripture Lesson"
Say: “We are going to watch a video about a girl named Lily who is going on an Easter egg hunt! See if you can remember what surprises were inside each of the eggs!”
[Watch Video: “The Easter Surprise | Animated Scripture Lesson”]
Discuss the following questions after watching the video:
1) Can you remember each of the surprises that Lily found in the eggs? (Jelly beans,
marbles, money, a chocolate bunny, and an empty egg!)
2) What was the reason for the empty egg? What does that make us think about? (It
can remind us of the empty tomb.)
3) Why was Mary sad when she went to the tomb? (She thought someone took Jesus
Christ’s body away.)
4) Why was the tomb empty? (Because Jesus was resurrected!)
5) Do you think Mary was surprised when she saw that Jesus was resurrected? (Yes!)
➤ S C R I P T U R E
Read the verses below and discuss the questions that follow.
But Mary stood without at the sepulchre weeping: and as she wept, she stooped down, and looked into the sepulchre…
1) Why was Mary weeping? (Because Jesus’ body was gone and she didn’t know where
Jesus saith unto her, Mary. She turned herself, and saith unto him, Rabboni; which is to say, Master.
1) Who spoke to Mary? (The resurrected Jesus!)
2) How do you think Mary felt when she saw Jesus? (Discuss.)
3) How do you think it will feel when we see the people that we love for the first time
after they are resurrected? (Discuss.)
But behold, the bands of death shall be broken, and the Son reigneth, and hath power over the dead; therefore, he bringeth to pass the resurrection of the dead.
1) Who has power over death? (Jesus Christ!)
2) Who will be resurrected? (All of us will be resurrected because of Jesus Christ!)
➤ C O L O R I N G P A G E S
Pass out the coloring pages, one to each child. Invite children to color the images from the video as you talk together about the resurrection of Jesus Christ.
➤ T E S T I M O N Y
Bear testimony of the truths found in the scriptures.
How can I download Latter Day Kids videos to watch offline?
What can you do when streaming isn’t an option? This problem goes away with the Living Scriptures app! Save your favorite Latter Day Kids videos to your device to watch anytime, anywhere! Just open the app, find the videos you want to save, and tap the button to download (right beneath the video description)!
New to Living Scriptures Streaming?
Try it out for two whole months without spending a dime! We’ve partnered with Living Scriptures Streaming to get you an exclusive 60 day free trial available only to Latter Day Kids viewers!
Inside, you’ll discover thousands of inspiring movies and shows that actually promote good moral values!
Click here to give it a try: