Faith is the Evidence of Things Not Seen
The video this week, "Faith is the Evidence of Things Not Seen" explains what F A I T H is and how children display faith in their every day lives and activities.
Download this week's Lesson Bundle HERE!
➤ L E S S O N
Open the lesson with a song and a prayer.
🎶 O P E N I N G S O N G : "I Know My Father Lives"
➤ P R E P A R A T I O N
If you wish, you may prepare a small present for each child for an object lesson. (It’s important that
the presents are wrapped, to illustrate the principle of faith.)
➤ I N T R O D U C T I O N
Ask children the following questions and lead a brief discussion. (If you have a present for the children to open now would be the time to give out the presents.)
1) Have you ever opened a present before?
2) Does it take a little bit of work to open the present?
3) Have you ever seen a present that was wrapped lots of times that was difficult to open?
4) If it’s hard work to open a present, why do we do it? (Because we want what’s inside)
5) How do you know there is something inside? (We don’t know for sure, it’s an act of faith!)
Explain: Today we are learning from the scriptures about faith in Jesus Christ. Faith means that we are willing to do something because we believe it. You open your presents because you believe