Faith is the Evidence of Things Not Seen- Come Follow Me: Nov. 11th- 17th
The video this week, "Faith is the Evidence of Things Not Seen" explains what F A I T H is and how children display faith in their every day lives and activities.
Download this week's Lesson Bundle HERE!
➤ L E S S O N
Open the lesson with a song and a prayer.
🎶 K A R A O K E V I D E O : "I Know My Father Lives"
➤ P R E P A R A T I O N
If you wish, you may prepare a small present for each child for an object lesson. (It’s important that
the presents are wrapped, to illustrate the principle of faith.)
➤ I N T R O D U C T I O N
Ask children the following questions and lead a brief discussion. (If you have a present for the children to open now would be the time to give out the presents.)
1) Have you ever opened a present before?
2) Does it take a little bit of work to open the present?
3) Have you ever seen a present that was wrapped lots of times that was difficult to open?
4) If it’s hard work to open a present, why do we do it? (Because we want what’s inside)
5) How do you know there is something inside? (We don’t know for sure, it’s an act of faith!)
Explain: Today we are learning from the scriptures about faith in Jesus Christ. Faith means that we are willing to do something because we believe it. You open your presents because you believe there is something inside. You don’t know for sure, but you believe it! And you show faith by opening the present!
🎥 V I D E O : "Faith is the Evidence of Things Not Seen"
Say: “We are going to watch a video about faith. Faith is like opening a present, but there are some other things that can also teach us about faith.”
Invite children to see if they can remember three things from the video that are like faith.
[Watch Video: “Faith Is The Evidence of Things Not Seen | Kids Animated Scripture Lesson”]
Discuss the following questions after watching the video:
1) Can you remember three things that are like faith? What are they? (Discuss)
2) What is the most important kind of faith? (Discuss)
3) What do you think it means to have faith in Jesus Christ? (Discuss)
➤ S C R I P T U R E
Read the verses below and discuss the questions that follow.
1.) Do we have faith in things that we can see or things that we can’t see? (Discuss)
2.) Why do you think we need to “not see” something to have faith?” (Discuss)
[Read Hebrews 11:7]
1.) Do you think the ark was built before Noah had faith, or after he had faith? (Discuss)
[Read Hebrews 11:29]
1.) Do you think the Israelites passed through the Red Sea before they had faith, or after they had
[Read Hebrews 11:30]
1. ) Do you think the walls of Jericho fell down before they had faith, or after they had faith?
2.) Can you think of any other stories from the scriptures that show faith? (Discuss)
➤ A C T I V I T Y
Invite children to color the images. Remind them that coloring a picture is like faith. “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.”
➤ T E S T I M O N Y
Bear testimony of the truths found in the scriptures.