All Things Denote there is a God
The creations all around us testify of God. He is in all things and through all things. This week's lesson bundle and video teach this important truth.
Download this week's Lesson Bundle below!
➤ L E S S O N
Open the lesson with a song and a prayer.
🎶 O P E N I N G S O N G : "My Heavenly Father Loves Me"
➤ P R E P A R A T I O N
Gather 3-5 natural objects from nearby (flowers, sticks, leaves, nuts, fruit, etc.) Also, gather some type of 3-dimensional material that the children could use to build simple creations (Legos, toy blocks, Playdough, tin foil, pipe cleaners, etc.).
➤ I N T R O D U C T I O N
Pass out the building materials. Set a timer for 5 minutes. Instruct the children to make a creation using the materials. They can make anything they like! If they don’t know what to make you can offer suggestions.
After the timer rings, ask the children to bring their creations and place them together where everyone can see them. Examine each creation one at a time and discuss the following questions:
1) What do you see here? (Discuss the creation.)
2) Who was the creator? (Identify the creator.)
3) What was this before the creator made it? (Identify the original materials.)
4) How do you know this has a creator? (We can see what was created.)
Now reveal the natural objects. Examine each of Heavenly Father’s creations one at a time and discuss the same questions.
After you have examined all of the objects, explain the following to the children:
“When we see something you created, we can learn more about you! And when we see the things Heavenly Father created, we can learn more about Heavenly Father! That’s one of the ways we can grow a stronger testimony of Heavenly Father! By looking at all His creations!”
🎥 V I D E O : "All Things Denote there is a God / Animated Scripture Lesson"
Say: “Now we are going to watch a video about some of Heavenly Father’s creations that help us learn about Him. See how many you can remember!”
Discuss the following questions after watching the video:
1) What creations did you see in the video? Which ones can you remember? (Discuss.)
2) What does the living water teach us about Heavenly Father? (He brings us life and we can’t live without Him.)
3) What does all the sand on the earth teach us about Heavenly Father? (He has created many things! As many as the sands of the earth!)
4) What does the rainbow teach us about Heavenly Father? (That He made a promise to Noah and He will remember His promises.)
➤ S C R I P T U R E
Say: “There was a man named Korihor who didn’t believe in God and he was telling lots of other people that they shouldn’t believe in God. Alma talked with Korihor and asked him why he didn’t believe in God. Let’s see what Korihor said.”
“And now Korihor said unto Alma: If thou wilt show me a sign, that I may be convinced that there is a God, yea, show unto me that he hath power, and then will I be convinced of the truth of thy words.”
1) What did Korihor want before he would believe in God? (He wanted a sign or proof.)
2) What did Korihor want Alma to do? (He wanted Alma to show him God’s power.)
“But Alma said unto him: Thou hast had signs enough; will ye tempt your God? Will ye say, Show unto me a sign, when ye have the testimony of all these thy brethren, and also all the holy prophets? The scriptures are laid before thee, yea, and all things denote there is a God; yea, even the earth, and all things that are upon the face of it, yea, and its motion, yea, and also all the planets which move in their regular form do witness that there is a Supreme Creator.”
1) Why did Alma say to Korihor? (You already have enough signs!)
2) What are some of the signs that Korihor already had? (Testimonies of his brethren and the
prophets, the scriptures, the earth, everything on the earth and the planets!)
“And yet do ye go about, leading away the hearts of this people, testifying unto them there is no God? And yet will ye deny against all these witnesses? And he said: Yea, I will deny, except ye shall show me a sign.”
1) Did Korihor choose to believe all the signs he already had? Or did he choose not to believe? (He chose not to believe.)
2) What signs has Heavenly Father given to us already to show us He exists? (Discuss things like the scriptures, the restored church, testimonies of the living prophets, the Holy Ghost, the scriptures, and all of God’s creations.)
3) Which of Heavenly Father’s creations make you think of Heavenly Father the most? (Discuss.)
➤ A C T I V I T Y
Pass out activity pages.
Follow the directions on the activity pages and play the “All Things” memory game! Use this activity as an opportunity to discuss how God’s creations can teach us about Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.
➤ T E S T I M O N Y
Bear testimony of the truths found in the scriptures.
'Come, Follow Me' is a resource offered by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It is designed to be used in the home to support personal and family scripture study to build faith in Heavenly Father and His plan of salvation and in the Savior Jesus Christ and His Atonement. Come, Follow Me is self-contained and adequate, when used properly. Products and materials designed to supplement this resource, though they may be helpful in some instances, are not necessary for a successful home study program.