We Will All Be Resurrected: September 4th-10th
Having a physical body is an incredible gift, but without Jesus Christ this gift would only be temporary. Our bodies get old, and our bodies are subject to disease and death.
Inevitably, the day will come when we must say goodbye to each of our loved ones, and when we must ultimately say goodbye to our own bodies too!
This is tragic, and terribly sad. However, thanks to Jesus Christ, this separation is only temporary!
Through the atonement of Jesus Christ, we will all be resurrected! We will all be reunited with our loved ones!
This lesson will help your children recognize the joy that we can experience by having a physical body, and the joy of the resurrection made possible through the atonement of Jesus Christ!
LESSON BUNDLE DOWNLOADS:
➤ L E S S O N
Open the lesson with a song and a prayer.
🎶 O P E N I N G S O N G : "Did Jesus Really Live Again"
➤ I N T R O D U C T I O N
Say: “Isn't it wonderful to have a body!? We can do so many things with our bodies!”
“We can clap our hands!” (Invite children to clap their hands together in a rhythm.)
“We can pat our knees!” (Invite children to continue the rhythm by patting their knees.)
“And we can stomp our feet!” (Invite children to continue the rhythm by stomping their feet.)
“We can snap our fingers!” (Invite children to continue the rhythm by snapping their fingers.)
Continue the rhythm as long as you like, and feel free to add your own movements and ideas to the rhythm. Have fun!
After you conclude the activity, discuss the following questions:
1) Let’s think about all of the amazing things you can do with your body! Who likes to go swimming? (Invite children to raise their hands.)
2) Who likes dancing? (Invite children to raise their hands.)
3) Who likes sliding down a slide? (Invite children to raise their hands.)
4) Who likes riding a bike? (Invite children to raise their hands.)
5) Could you do any of these things if you didn’t have a body? (No.)
6) Why do you think Heavenly Father wants us to have a body? (So we can have joy and so we can be like Him!)
🎥 V I D E O : "We Will All Be Resurrected | Animated Scripture Lesson for Kids"
Say: “Now we are going to watch a video about some children who have a body just like you! Let’s watch and see what these children like to do!”
Discuss the following questions after watching the video:
1) What do these children like to do? (Play musical instruments.)
2) If these children didn’t have a body, could they play their musical instruments? (No.)
3) When our body dies, does Heavenly Father want us to lose our body forever? (No.)
4) What did Heavenly Father do to help us? (He sent His Son, Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ overcame death so that we could all be resurrected!)
5) What happened after Jesus Christ died? (He was resurrected.)
6) Who else will be resurrected? (Everyone will be resurrected because of Jesus Christ!)
➤ S C R I P T U R E
Read the verses together and discuss the questions that follow:
For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
1) Who will be resurrected? (All will be made alive again!)
2) How is resurrection possible? (Jesus Christ had the power to overcome death, and we will all be resurrected because of Him.)
1) What happens to our spirit and body when we die? (Our spirit and body are separated.)
2) What happens to our spirit and body when we are resurrected? (They go back together.)
Now, this restoration shall come to all, both old and young, both bond and free, both male and female, both the wicked and the righteous; and even there shall not so much as a hair of their heads be lost; but every thing shall be restored to its perfect frame…
1) Who will be resurrected? (Everyone.)
2) What does it mean to restore something? (To put something back, give something back or make something like it was before.)
3) What do you think it means when it says our bodies will be “restored?” (It means we will get our bodies back and they will be returned to their perfect form!)
➤ C O L O R I N G P A G E
Pass out a coloring page, one to each child. Follow the directions on the activity pages. Use this time to talk about the joy of having a body, and the miracle of resurrection made possible by Jesus Christ.
➤ T E S T I M O N Y
Bear testimony of the truths found in the scriptures.
Concerned about the content of children's media?
The moral fabric of our society is unraveling quickly, and the content of children's media is becoming especially troubling for conscientious parents.
If you are looking for a faith-building alternative to the "status quo" of children's entertainment media, Living Scriptures Streaming might be just the thing you are looking for! We love it in our home, and we think you’ll love it too!
Inside, you’ll find all 200+ Latter Day Kids videos (no ads, by the way) along with 1000s of other uplifting movies and shows that actually promote good moral values!
New to Living Scriptures Streaming?
Use this link to try it for 30 days without spending a dime!