We Are All Children of God
We are each children of a loving God. As we study the character of our Heavenly Parents we can strive to develop their attributes, to become as they are in our journey here on earth. This lesson will teach this principle through activities and video and scripture discussion questions.
Download this week's Lesson Bundle HERE!
Download this week's Activity Page HERE!
➤ L E S S O N
Open the lesson with a song and a prayer.
🎶 O P E N I N G S O N G : "I Am a Child of God"
➤ P R E P A R A T I O N
Gather some seeds! Packets of seeds (with photos on the outside), and more than one type of seed would be ideal. But something as simple as some popcorn kernels will work.
(*If you don’t have access to seeds or popcorn kernels, you can find pictures of different types of seeds and their parent plants on the internet.)
➤ I N T R O D U C T I O N
Lay out the seeds on a table or on the floor, and label each type. Invite everyone to examine the different types of seeds. (*Or show pictures of seeds and their parent plants that you found on the internet.)
As the children look at the seeds, discuss the following questions.
1) What are these? (Seeds!)
2) Where do the seeds come from? (From the original plant! Explain that corn seeds come from corn, pumpkin seeds come from pumpkins, etc.)
3) If you plant these seeds in some soil and take care of them, what will happen? (They will each grow and become the same plant that they each came from!)
4) If we are children of Heavenly Father, what do you think that means? (It means we can become like our heavenly parents!)
5) How are we like the seeds? (Discuss.)
6) How is Heavenly Father like the full grown plants? (Discuss.)
🎥 V I D E O : " We Are All Children of God | Animated Scripture Lesson for Kids"
Now we are going to watch a video about some baby animals. The baby animals want to be like their parents when they grow up. Do you think they can be like their parents?
Discuss the following questions after watching the video:
1) What did the baby lion see when he watched his father? (He saw that his father was big and strong and had a loud roar!)
2) Could the baby lion do all the things that his father could do? (Not yet.)
3) What will happen after a long time? (The baby lion will be like his father, and he will be able to do all the things his father can do!)
4) What did the baby bird see when she watched her mother? (She saw that her mother could fly high in the sky!)
5) Could the baby bird do all the things that her mother could do? (Not yet.)
6) What will happen after a long time? (The baby bird will be just like her mother, and she will be able to do all the things her mother can do!)
7) How are we like the baby animals? (We are learning to be like Heavenly Father, just like the baby animals were learning to be like their parents.)
➤ S C R I P T U R E
Read the following scriptures and discuss the questions that follow.
24 That by him, and through him, and of him, the worlds are and were created, and the inhabitants thereof are begotten sons and daughters unto God.
1) What are inhabitants? (All the people who live on the earth.)
2) Who are God’s sons and daughters? (All of us!)
29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man’s device.
1) What does offspring mean? (It’s another way to say children.)
2) Did we make God? Or did God make us? (God made us, we did not make God.)
26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness…
1) Who did God make us to be like? (He made us to be like Him!)
2) Can we do everything God can do right now? (No.)
3) Why not? (Because we are still little, like the baby lion and the baby bird.)
➤ A C T I V I T Y
Invite Children to color the “We are all Children of God” coloring page. Use this time to discuss the doctrine that we are sons and daughters of God.
➤ T E S T I M O N Y
Bear testimony of the truths found in the scriptures.
Latter Day Kids is streaming on Living Scriptures!
Why watch on Living Scriptures?
-Early access! Our videos release on Thursday (every week), two days earlier than the YouTube release.
- Watch ad free!
- Watch in a safe environment!
- Enjoy thousands of uplifting titles.
We are offering an exclusive TWO month free trial for our Latter Day Kids supporters! Use the code: latterdaykids at checkout!
'Come, Follow Me' is a resource offered by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It is designed to be used in the home to support personal and family scripture study to build faith in Heavenly Father and His plan of salvation and in the Savior Jesus Christ and His Atonement. Come, Follow Me is self-contained and adequate, when used properly. Products and materials designed to supplement this resource, though they may be helpful in some instances, are not necessary for a successful home study program.