It's so exciting to kick off a new year and to be studying the Old Testament, along with all of you! This week's lesson begins in Moses! The Lord's work and glory is to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man.
LESSON BUNDLE DOWNLOADS:
➤ L E S S O N
Open the lesson with a song and a prayer.
🎶 O P E N I N G S O N G : "Come, Follow Me"
➤ P R E P A R A T I O N
For each child, print a copy of the “My Work” object lesson, cut out the scene along the dotted lines, and place it in a small ziploc sandwich bag. You will also need a permanent marker and a large bowl of water.
➤ I N T R O D U C T I O N
Pass out the prepared ziploc bag scenes to the children (one per child). Invite them to use a marker to draw themselves on the outside of the ziploc bag holding hands with Jesus! Dip one of the bags into the water vertically and view at a 45 degree angle. (The image inside the bag should disappear.)
Say: “Heavenly Father sent us to earth to gain a body and to learn to be more like Him! When we are here on earth, it sometimes feels like we are alone.”
Now pull the bag out of the water to reveal the full image.
Say: “But all the time, Heavenly Father is working to bring to pass our immortality and eternal life!”
Allow all of the children to have a turn to dip their drawing into the water.
🎥 V I D E O : "This is My Work and My Glory | Animated Scripture Lesson for Kids”
Say: “Now we are going to watch a video about lots of people who are working on different things! Watch and see what things they are working on!”
Discuss the following questions after watching the video:
1) What are some things that the people in the video were working on? (Discuss different professions that the children remember.)
2) Do you remember what Heavenly Father’s work is? (To bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man!)
➤ S C R I P T U R E
Read the following scripture verses and discuss the questions that follow.
- Read Moses 1:39
For behold, this is my work and my glory—to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man.
1) What is Heavenly Father’s work? (To bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man!)
2) What does immortality mean? (It means our body will live forever.)
3) What does eternal life mean? (It means to live with God and be like Him.)
- Read D&C 136:17
Go thy way and do as I have told you, and fear not thine enemies; for they shall not have power to stop my work.
1) Does anyone have power to stop God from doing His work? (No!)
- Read John 4:34
Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work.
1) What is the most important thing for Jesus Christ? (To do the work of His Father!)
2) What are some things that Jesus Christ has done to do His Father’s work? (Discuss.)
- Read 3 Nephi 27:21
Verily, verily, I say unto you, this is my gospel; and ye know the things that ye must do in my church; for the works which ye have seen me do that shall ye also do; for that which ye have seen me do even that shall ye do;
1) What work does Jesus Christ invite us to do? (He wants us to also help do Heavenly Father’s work.)
2) What are some things we can do to help Heavenly Father with His work? (Discuss.)
➤ A C T I V I T Y
Pass out coloring page.
Invite children to color the scene from the video. Use this time to talk about God’s work, and how we can do our part to help God do His work.
➤ T E S T I M O N Y
Bear testimony of the truths found in the scriptures.
Did you know our content is streaming AD FREE on Living Scriptures?
Our videos are also available to download on their platform!
Plus, enjoy hundreds of titles that uplift and enhance the gospel learning in your home! We have an exclusive discount for you: TWO MONTHS FREE with Living Scriptures Streaming!