The Second Coming - Come Follow Me (Oct. 21st-27th)
The video for this week, "The Second Coming", will teach about what the second coming is, what the sings are. The lesson also teaches the analogy that the second coming will be like a thief in the night and what the "great" and "dreadful" day means. This video focuses on Thessalonians 5:1-6
Download this week's Lesson Bundle HERE!
➤ L E S S O N
Open the lesson with a song and a prayer.
🎶 K A R A O K E V I D E O : "When He Comes Again"
➤ I N T R O D U C T I O N
Ask children the following questions and lead a brief discussion:
1) Do you know what the four seasons are? (Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall)
2) How can you tell when it is winter? What are the “clues” that you can see?
(Discuss the signs, such as cold weather, snow, shorter days, etc.)
2) How can you tell when it is Spring? What are the “clues” that you can see?
(Flowers and grass grow, leaves grow on trees, birds singing, etc.)
3) How can you tell when it is Summer? What are the “clues” that you can see?
(Hot weather, dry, long days, etc.)
4) How can you tell when it is Fall? What are the “clues” that you can see?
(Windy, leaves change color and fall off, birds fly south, etc.)
🎥 V I D E O : "The Second Coming"
Say: “We are going to watch a video about the Second Coming. While you watch the video, see if you can remember the clues that we are supposed to look for. There are 6 clues.”
[Watch Video: “The Second Coming | Family Home Evening Lesson”]
Discuss the following questions after watching the video:
1) Can you remember any of the clues? What were they? (Discuss)
2) Who knows the day that Jesus Christ will come again? (Only Heavenly Father knows.)
3) Will the Second Coming be a good day? Or will it be a bad day? (Discuss. It will be a great
day if we are watching and if we are prepared. It will be a terrible day if we are not prepared.)
4) What do we need to do to be prepared? (Keep the commandments.)
➤ S C R I P T U R E
Before reading the verses, invite children to listen for the word “thief.”
After reading the verses, discuss the following questions:
1) How many times did you hear the word “thief?”
2) Why is the Second Coming like a thief in the night?” (because it will be a surprise to many)
3) The scripture says we need to be watching instead of sleeping. What do you think that means?
➤ A C T I V I T Y
Invite children to color the magnifying glass and the 6 “clues” on the second page. After children finish coloring, cut out the clues and place them in random places around the house or classroom. Cut out the magnifying glass. Invite children to use the magnifying glass to search for the “clues” that you placed around the house or classroom.
➤ T E S T I M O N Y
Bear testimony of the truths found in the scriptures.