The Plan of Salvation: March 22nd-28th
Have you ever had an experience when you failed to plan something and it turned out to be a disaster! The Lord created a plan, from the beginning, "The Plan of Salvation," that detailed how we would progress from the pre-mortal life, to eternal salvation and exaltation with God after our life here on earth. It is vitally important that our children understand that God does have a plan for us! And if we follow His plan, we will be able to be like Him and receive a fulness of joy! This week's lesson explains the "Plan of Salvation" . We hope this will lead to a faith building moments in your homes with your little ones!
Download this week's Lesson Bundle HERE!
Download this week's Activity Page HERE!
➤ L E S S O N
Open the lesson with a song and a prayer.
🎶 K A R A O K E V I D E O : "I Will Follow God Plan"
➤ P R E P A R A T I O N
Each person will need a blank piece of paper and something to write or draw with.
➤ I N T R O D U C T I O N
Invite each child to imagine it’s going to be their birthday soon and it’s time to make a plan! Tell each child to think of 5 things that they would like to do at their imaginary birthday party and to write or draw a picture of each idea on their paper.
After children have had time to think of things they would like to plan, invite children to share their plans with the group.
After this activity, ask the following questions:
1) Why is it important to make a plan for something before it happens? (To make sure we don’t forget anything, it lets everyone know what’s going to happen, to make sure we are prepared, etc.)
2) Can you think of other things that people make plans for? (A vacation, a class or lesson, building a house, etc.)
3) Do you think Heavenly Father makes plans? (Discuss.)
4) What do you think Heavenly Father might want to make a plan for? (Discuss.)
🎥 V I D E O : "The Plan of Salvation | Animated Scripture Lesson"
Say: “We are going to watch a video about Heavenly Father’s plan for us. See if you can remember three things that He has planned for us.”
Discuss the following questions after watching the video:
1) Can you remember three things from the video that Heavenly Father has planned for us? (Discuss.)
2) Did we have a physical body when we lived with Heavenly Father in the pre-mortal life? (Only a spirit body.)
3) What did Heavenly Father plan for us to receive? (A physical body.)
4) What happens when our body dies? (It is buried in the earth.)
5) What happens to our spirit when we die? (It goes to the spirit world or to spirit prison.)
6) What does it mean to be resurrected? (Our spirit is reunited with our body and we won’t die any more.)
7) What are some things that Heavenly Father planned for Jesus Christ to do? (Help create the earth, pay the price for our sins, overcome death etc.)
8) When will we be judged? (After we are resurrected.)
9) What has Heavenly Father planned for us after the final judgement? (That we will live in one of the kingdoms of glory.)
➤ S C R I P T U R E
Read the verses below and discuss the questions that follow.
39 And it must needs be that the devil should tempt the children of men, or they could not be agents unto themselves; for if they never should have bitter they could not know the sweet—
1) Why does Heavenly Father plan for us to be tempted? (So we can learn to make choices and choose good by ourselves.)
13 ...and they shall come forth—yea, even the dead which died in me, to receive a crown of righteousness, and to be clothed upon, even as I am, to be with me, that we may be one.
1) What has Heavenly Father planned for us after we die? (He has planned for us to come forth and be resurrected, and for us to be with Him.)
9 Now Aaron began to open the scriptures unto them concerning the coming of Christ, and also concerning the resurrection of the dead, and that there could be no redemption for mankind save it were through the death and sufferings of Christ, and the atonement of his blood.
1) Could there be a resurrection if Jesus Christ wasn’t part of the plan? (No.)
2) Could we be redeemed if Jesus Christ wasn’t part of the plan? (No.)
➤ A C T I V I T Y
Invite children to color the image from the video. As they color take to opportunity to talk together about Heavenly Father’s Plan of Salvation.
➤ T E S T I M O N Y
Bear testimony of the truths found in the scriptures.
Thank you to this week's video sponsor Latter Day Armor!
These Book of Mormon bandages are beautifully illustrated with familiar stories from the Book of Mormon! Scenes include: Lehi and the Liahona, Moroni and the Title of Liberty, Christ’s visit to the Nephites, and more!