The Plan of Salvation
The lesson this week teaches about our purpose on Earth. It explains why we are here, where we a from, and where we are going when we die.
Download this week's Lesson Bundle HERE!
➤ L E S S O N
Open the lesson with a song and a prayer.
🎶 O P E N I N G S O N G : "I Will Follow God's Plan"
➤ I N T R O D U C T I O N
Invite each child to imagine it will be their birthday soon and to imagine that they get to make a plan for their birthday party. Tell each child to think of 5 things (one for each finger) that they would like to plan for their imaginary birthday party.
After children have had time to think of things they would like to plan, invite children to share their plans with the group (using their fingers to keep track).
After this activity, ask the following questions:
1) Why is it important to make a plan for something? (Discuss)
2) Can you think of other things that people make plans for? (Discuss
3) Do you think Heavenly Father makes plans? (Discuss)
4) What do you think Heavenly Father might want to make a plan for? (Discuss)
🎥 V I D E O : "The Plan of Happiness: Animated Scripture Lesson"
Say: “We are going to watch a video about Heavenly Father’s plan for us. See if you remember three things that He has planned.”
[Watch Video: “The Plan of Happiness: Animated Scripture Lesson ]
Discuss the following questions after watching the video:
1) Can you remember three things from the video that are part of Heavenly Father’s plan for us? (Discuss)
2) Did we have a physical body when we lived with Heavenly Father in the pre-mortal life? (Only a spirit body.)
3) When we come to Earth and we are born, what do we receive? (A physical body.)
4) What happens when our body dies? (It is buried in the earth.)
5) What happens to our spirit when we die? (It goes to the spirit world or to spirit prison.)
6) What happens when we are resurrected? (Our spirit is reunited with our body and it won’t die any more.)
7) Why did Heavenly Father send Jesus Christ as part of His plan? (So we could overcome sin and physical death.)
8) When will we be judged? (After we are resurrected.)
9) Where will we go after the final judgment (To one of the kingdoms of glory.)
➤ S C R I P T U R E
Read the verses below and discuss the questions that follow.
1) Who does the scripture say will live with us in the Celestial Kingdom? (God)
2) What does the scripture say about death? (There will be no more death.)
➤ A C T I V I T Y
Invite children to color the images as you review Heavenly Father’s Plan of Happiness together.
➤ T E S T I M O N Y
Bear testimony of the truths found in the scriptures.
'Come, Follow Me' is a resource offered by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It is designed to be used in the home to support personal and family scripture study to build faith in Heavenly Father and His plan of salvation and in the Savior Jesus Christ and His Atonement. Come, Follow Me is self-contained and adequate, when used properly. Products and materials designed to supplement this resource, though they may be helpful in some instances, are not necessary for a successful home study program.