The Holy Ghost
Feeling the Holy Ghost can be like tuning in to a radio. The radio waves are always there, but we must have a receiver to be able to hear what is being transmitted with radio waves. We also must work to be in tune with the Holy Ghost. As Joseph Smith was translating the plates his scribe, Oliver Cowdrey, desired to translate as well. He didn't have much success. In D&C 8 the Lord instructed Oliver about how he could "tune in" to translate with the power of the Holy Ghost. We can apply this same principle in our lives, as we seek direction and help.
Download this week's Lesson Bundle HERE!
Download this week's Activity Pages HERE!
➤ L E S S O N
Open the lesson with a song and a prayer.
🎶 O P E N I N G S O N G : "The Holy Ghost"
➤ P R E P A R A T I O N
You will need a soft object to throw gently, like a stuffed animal or a soft ball.
➤ I N T R O D U C T I O N
Ask for a volunteer. Hand the stuffed animal or soft ball to the volunteer, and then step back a short distance. Ask them to throw the object to you and hold out your hands as if you are going to catch it. When the object comes your direction, hold your arms perfectly still and let the object bounce off of you and land on the floor.
Now discuss the following questions:
1) Did you give the object to me when I asked you to? (Yes.)
2) But do I have it now? (No, it’s on the floor!)
3) Why don’t I have it? (You didn’t catch it!)
4) If you throw something to me, what do I need to do to receive it? (Catch it with your hands.)
5) If you tell me something with words, what do I need to do to receive it? (Listen with your ears.)