The Fruits of the Spirit
This week's video and lesson focus on Galatians 5:22-23. "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, long suffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law."
Download this week's Lesson Bundle HERE!
➤ L E S S O N
Open the lesson with a song and a prayer.
🎶 O P E N I N G S O N G : "The Holy Ghost"
➤ I N T R O D U C T I O N
Ask children the following questions.
1) How do you know when someone is feeling happy? (They smile, they laugh, etc.)
2) How do you know when someone is sad? (They cry, they frown, etc.)
3) How do you know when someone is angry? (They make an angry face, they yell, etc.)
4) How do you know when someone is feeling the Holy Ghost? (Discuss answers.)
🎥 V I D E O : The Fruits of the Spirit
Say: “Let’s watch a video that teaches us how to know when someone is feeling the Holy Ghost. Explain that this is called “fruit of the Spirit.”
Invite children to see if they can remember three fruits of the spirit.
[Watch Video: “Fruit of the Spirit”]
Discuss the following questions after watching the video:
1) Who can remember three fruits of the Spirit?
2) What other fruits of the Spirit can you remember?
3) What does “fruit of the Spirit” mean?
4) Have you ever felt the fruit of the Spirit?
➤ S C R I P T U R E
Before reading the verse, invite children to use their fingers to count how many fruits of the spirit
After reading the verse, discuss the following questions:
1) How many fruits of the spirit did you count?
2) What are some things that we can do to have the Spirit in our hearts?
3) How do we know when we have the Spirit in our hearts?
➤ A C T I V I T Y
Instruct children to help the boy and girl “walk in the Spirit” by completing the maze (two levels of difficulty appropriate for different ages). Remind children that we have to make the right choices to invite the spirit into our hearts.
➤ T E S T I M O N Y
Bear testimony of the truths found in the scriptures.
'Come, Follow Me' is a resource offered by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It is designed to be used in the home to support personal and family scripture study to build faith in Heavenly Father and His plan of salvation and in the Savior Jesus Christ and His Atonement. Come, Follow Me is self-contained and adequate, when used properly. Products and materials designed to supplement this resource, though they may be helpful in some instances, are not necessary for a successful home study program.