The Birth of Jesus Christ - Christmas Lesson
The Christmas story lesson it here! This is our FAVORITE! During this holiday season it is nice to pause and study the reason for Christmas. This lesson chronicles the birth of the Christ and expands into what WE can learn from a study of the birth of the Christ child.
Download this week's Lesson Bundle HERE!
➤ L E S S O N
Open the lesson with a song and a prayer.
🎶 K A R A O K E V I D E O : "Joy to the World"
➤ I N T R O D U C T I O N
Invite each child to hold up five fingers, and then have children take turns naming five things that make them the most happy and that fill them with joy.
After this activity, ask the following questions:
1) What does your face look like when you are really happy? (Children can demonstrate)
2) How do you move when you are really happy? (Children can demonstrate dancing, raising arms, running around, jumping up and down, etc.)
3) What sounds do you make when you are really happy? (Children can demonstrate clapping hands, cheering, etc.)
4) When you are excited about something (like when it’s your birthday), do you just sit quietly or do you tell everybody? (Discuss)
5) Do you think angels can feel joy and happiness like we do? (Discuss)
6) What kinds of things do you think make the angels feel most happy? (Discuss)
7) What do you think angels do when they are happy? (Discuss)