The Armor of God
Ephesians 6:11-17 "The Armor of God" is the topic of focus this week. We have crated an engaging and fun video that illustrates the importance of putting on the Armor of God in a way children can fully relate to.
The video this week is more of an OBJECT LESSON than a stand along teaching tool. You will need discussion and teaching afterward to apply the "parable" of this video. We have crated a lesson bundle to assist in applying this video to the scriptures. Also included in the lesson bundle is an activity and discussion questions. We hope that this video, and lesson, will foster understanding and a desire to put on the Armor of God daily.
Download this week's Lesson Bundle HERE!
➤ L E S S O N
Open the lesson with a song and a prayer.
🎶 K A R A O K E V I D E O : "Dare to Do Right"
➤ I N T R O D U C T I O N
Pass around an umbrella. Instruct children to look at it, but not to open it. (If you don’t happen to have an umbrella, you can have the children put their arms over their heads in the shape of an umbrella.)
While they are passing around the umbrella, discuss the following questions:
1) What is called? (umbrella)
2) What is it for? (It protects you from the rain.)
3) How does it work? (You open it and then you hold it over your head.)
4) What if you don't open it, but you still held it over your head. Will it work?
5) What if you open it but you don’t put it over your head. Will it work then?
🎥 V I D E O : "Put on the Armor of God"
Explain: “We’re going to watch a video about someone going into a pretend battle.” Then ask the following questions:
1) Do you think he will choose to put on his armor, or to leave it off?
2) What do you think will happen if he isn’t wearing