Seeking the Lord: Nov. 28th-Dec. 4th
The Lord invites all of us to seek Him. He doesn't force his way into our lives. or demand our attention or devotion. And when we do choose Him, it isn't easy. It takes effort! His gospel requires us to seek him diligently. This lesson invites all of us to reflect on our own desire and effort to seek the Lord in our lives.
LESSON BUNDLE DOWNLOADS:
➤ L E S S O N
Open the lesson with a song and a prayer.
🎶 O P E N I N G S O N G : "I Am a Child of God"
➤ P R E P A R A T IO N
Print the 4 images of Jesus Christ included in this lesson bundle. You will also need some masking tape. Hide the images around the room before the lesson begins. Use the masking tape to create the outline of a heart on the floor (large enough to fit the images of Christ inside).
➤ I N T R O D U C T I O N A C T I V I T Y
Invite the children to find the 4 hidden images of Christ and to place the images on the floor inside the heart.
Once all of the images have been found, discuss the following questions:
1) What were you looking for? (Jesus Christ!)
2) How did you feel when you found the images of Christ and put them inside the heart? (Discuss.)
3) How can we seek the real Jesus Christ and invite Him into our hearts? (By listening to Him, and by trying to do the things He taught.)
4) If we have a hard heart, do you think Jesus Christ will force us to open our hearts? Or do you think He waits for us to seek Him? (Discuss.)
Explain that the Lord does not force us to follow Him. Instead, he invites all to seek Him and to open our hearts and let Him inside!
🎥 V I D E O : "Seeking the Lord | Animated Scripture Lesson for Kids"
Now we are going to watch a video of some kids who are playing hide and seek with their puppy at the park! See if you can tell what this game teaches us about Jesus Christ!
[Watch Video: “Seeking the Lord | Animated Scripture Lesson for Kids”]
Discuss the following questions after watching the video:
1) When you were watching the hide and seek game, what did you learn about Jesus Christ? (Discuss.)
2) Why did the puppy keep seeking even when he didn’t see the children yet? (Because the puppy KNEW that the children were there!)
3) What do you think it means to seek Jesus Christ? (Discuss.)
➤ S C R I P T U R E
Read the scriptures below and discuss the questions that follow.
[Read the first part of Zephaniah 2:3]
Seek ye the Lord, all ye meek of the earth, which have wrought his judgment; seek righteousness, seek meekness…
1) Where are some places you can go to seek the Lord? (Attending church worship services, visiting the temple, peaceful and reverent places, etc. Discuss other ideas.)
2) What are some activities you can do to seek the Lord? (Praying, reading the scriptures, showing kindness to others, etc. Discuss other ideas.)
3) Who are some people that can help you seek the Lord? (Discuss.)
[Read Hebrews 11:6]
But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
1) Why does it take faith to seek the Lord? (Because sometimes we have to keep seeking the Lord, even if we haven’t found Him yet - just like the puppy kept seeking the children.)
2) What does it mean to diligently seek something? (It means to keep trying really hard for a long time to find something.)
[Read Matthew 7:7]
Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
1) Who is speaking in this verse? (Jesus Christ is speaking.)
2) What does Jesus Christ promise to us if we will seek? (He said “seek, and ye shall find.”)
➤ A C T I V I T Y
Invite the children to complete the “Hide and Seek” activity page. Follow the instructions on the page and make the paper children hide behind the tree! Use this time to talk about what it means to seek the Lord and to seek righteousness.
➤ T E S T I M O N Y
Bear testimony of the truths found in the scriptures.
A huge thank you to this week's sponsor:
KANG TOYS is running a 20% OFF SALE!
They have new products they are carrying too!
Grab your KANGA TOYS products now through Tuesday, November 29th at midnight!