Moroni completes his ministry with this promise in chapter 10. "And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God... if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost. And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things."
What a powerful promise. We can discover the TRUTH of ALL THINGS through the Holy Ghost. In a world of much confusion and differing opinions we can seek the Lord in prayer and find truth to guide and lead us! We hope this lesson will teach this imperative truth to your children!
Download this week's Lesson Bundle below!
*** Lesson Bundle DOWNLOAD
***Activity Page DOWNLOAD
➤ L E S S O N
Open the lesson with a song and a prayer.
🎶 K A R A O K E V I D E O : "Search, Ponder, and Pray"
➤ P R E P A R A T I O N
You will need a long roll of yarn or string and an image of Jesus Christ or Heavenly Father.
Invite everyone to spread out and stand in different parts of the same room. Invite someone to hold the end of the string and then unravel it as you walk towards the image of Jesus Christ/Heavenly Father. Attach the string somewhere near the image (use tape, tie it to something near the image, etc.) and then cut the string.
Now repeat the process so that each individual has a line connecting them to “Heavenly Father.”
Explain: “This string represents a personal link between you and your Heavenly Father.”
Discuss the following while everyone is still standing (and holding the strings):
1) What is a testimony? (It is a spiritual witness given by the Holy Ghost.)
2) Where does a testimony come from? (Heavenly Father sends the Holy Ghost.)
3) What do you think holding the string could represent? (Discuss things like personal prayer, keeping the commandments, listening for the promptings of the spirit, believing in Jesus Christ, etc.)
4) What do you think letting go of the string could represent? (Discuss things like having a hard heart, willfully breaking the commandments, choosing not to pray, etc.)
5) Can anyone hold onto your string for you? (No, we all need to hold onto our own “string.”)
Collect the string and invite all participants to sit down again.
Explain: When Heavenly Father sends the Holy Ghost to tell us that something is true, that’s called personal revelation! It’s kind of like having your own string that leads to Heavenly Father!
🎥 V I D E O : "The Snail King | A Story About Personal Revelation
Say: “Now we are going to watch a video about some snails! In the video, Simon the Snail gets a
letter from the Snail King on his birthday! But he doesn’t know if it’s really from the King or not! Watch to see what Simon does to find out if his letter is a real letter from the Snail King!”
[Watch Video: “The Snail King | A Story About Personal Revelation”]
Discuss the following questions after watching the video:
1) What did Simon have to do to find out if the letter was real? (He had to ask the Snail King!)
2) Who do you think the King represents? (Heavenly Father.)
3) Who do you think Simon the Snail represents? (You!)
4) Why are the scriptures like a letter from Heavenly Father? (Discuss.)
5) What can we do to find out if the scriptures are really from Heavenly Father? (Read the scriptures, think about them, and ask Heavenly Father in prayer.)
➤ S C R I P T U R E
Read the following scripture verses and discuss the questions that follow.
[Read the first part of Moroni 10:4]
4 And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true;
1) Who is speaking in this verse? (Moroni.)
2) When he says “receive these things,” what is he talking about? (The scriptures!)
3) If we want a testimony that the the scriptures are really from Heavenly Father, what does he tell us to do? (Ask God in the name of Christ.)
[Read the second part of Moroni 10:4]
4 ...and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.
1) What is a sincere heart? (It means you are not joking or playing a trick on Heavenly Father. Your heart is ready to hear Him.)
2) What does real intent mean? (It means you really want to know the truth and you won’t give up. You are prepared to follow your Heavenly Fatehr when you get answers to your paryers.)
3) How will Heavenly Father tell us that the scriptures are true? (By the power of the Holy Ghost!)
5 And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things.
1) What can the Holy Ghost teach us about? (The Holy Ghost can teach us the truth of all things!)
➤ C O L O R I N G P A G E
Pass out the coloring pages.
Invite the children to color the activity page and to practice having charity by drawing the things that the characters are in need of.
➤ T E S T I M O N Y
Bear testimony of the truths found in the scriptures.
This week's lesson and video were brought to you by:
'Come, Follow Me' is a resource offered by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It is designed to be used in the home to support personal and family scripture study to build faith in Heavenly Father and His plan of salvation and in the Savior Jesus Christ and His Atonement. Come, Follow Me is self-contained and adequate, when used properly. Products and materials designed to supplement this resource, though they may be helpful in some instances, are not necessary for a successful home study program.