Nothing Shall Be Impossible: Jan. 2nd-8th
Mary, being highly favored by the Lord, was taught a vital truth by an angel of the Lord: “With God, nothing shall be impossible.” Thankfully, this divine decree is recorded forever in scripture! The word of the Lord on the matter is perfectly clear. God is all powerful! And with God, nothing shall be impossible! If His power was in question, could we really have faith in Him to redeem us? To raise us up in the resurrection?
This lesson bundle is designed to help you and your children rejoice together over the glory and power of Almighty God! He indeed has the power to lift us up in resurrection, to redeem us and to qualify us for exaltation!
LESSON BUNDLE DOWNLOADS:
➤ L E S S O N
Open the lesson with a song and a prayer.
🎶 K A R A O K E V I D E O : "My Heavenly Father Loves Me"
➤ P R E P A R A T I O N:
You will need a plate, some water, some pepper, and some dish soap.
➤ I N T R O D U C T I O N
Fill the plate with a small pool of water. Invite the children to gather around the plate. Sprinkle a light layer of pepper around the surface of the water. Invite each of the children to try to clear an open space in the center of the water by moving all of the pepper flakes to the edges of the plate. (This should be very difficult. The pepper won’t stay in position, and the pepper will start sticking to their fingers!)
Explain that there are many things that are impossible for us to do. However, God is all powerful and nothing is impossible with God. If God says he will do something, He has the power to do it!
Now invite one of the children to dip their finger in a small amount of dish soap. Explain that this represents God’s power. Sprinkle another thin layer of pepper on the water. Ask the volunteer to place their finger in the center of the water and see what happens! (The pepper will magically move to the edges of the plate!)
After you complete the activity, discuss the following questions:
1) Can you think of some things that God has done that would have been impossible for us to do? (Discuss miraculous events from the scriptures.)
2) Can you think of some promises that God has made that seem like they will be impossible? (Discuss some of the Lord’s promises that can be found in the scriptures.)
3) Do you think any of these promises are impossible for God? (Discuss.)
🎥 V I D E O : " Nothing Shall Be Impossible | Animated Scripture Lesson for Kids"
Say: “Now we are going to watch a video about some of the impossible things that God has done. See how many you can remember!”
Discuss the following questions after watching the video:
1) What are some of the impossible things that God has done? (Jesus’ birth and resurrection, the great flood, the parting of the Red Sea, David and Goliath, Daniel and the lion’s den, Jonah and the whale.)
2) How can God’s power work in our own lives? (If we try to obey Heavenly Father and keep His commandments, then we can have faith that He will keep His promises to us. Even if the promises seem like they are impossible!)
➤ S C R I P T U R E
Read the scripture verses below and discuss the questions that follow.
For with God nothing shall be impossible.
1) Who is speaking in this verse? (An angel of the Lord is teaching Mary.)
2) When the angel told Mary that she would have a son and that the child would be Jesus Christ the Son of God, did Mary think this was possible? (She thought it was impossible!)
3) What did the angel teach Mary? (That nothing is impossible with the Lord.)
But lift thou up thy rod, and stretch out thine hand over the sea, and divide it: and the children of Israel shall go on dry ground through the midst of the sea.
1) Who is the Lord speaking to in this verse? (God is speaking to Moses.)
2) What did God command Moses to do? (To divide the waters of the Red Sea!)
3) Is dividing the waters of the sea possible for us? (No, for us that’s impossible!)
4) Is dividing the waters of the sea possible for God? (With God, all things are possible!)
And the angel answered and said unto the women, Fear not ye: for I know that ye seek Jesus, which was crucified. He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.
1) What were the women looking for? (They were looking for Jesus’ body in the tomb after Jesus died, but His body wasn’t there.)
2) Where was Jesus? (He was resurrected!)
3) Is resurrection possible for us? (No, for us that’s impossible!)
4) Is resurrection possible for God? (With God, all things are possible!)
➤ C O L O R I N G P A G E
Invite the children to color the image of the angel teaching Mary. Read the verse on the page. Use this time to talk about God’s power and having faith in the Lord’s promises.
➤ T E S T I M O N Y
Bear testimony of the truths found in the scriptures.
Looking for an alternative to Youtube?
As parents, we’ve been frustrated many times with the “suggested” videos that are recommended to our children, and the unavoidable ads on Youtube. If the content we are seeking is only available to watch on YouTube, then it’s something we just have to navigate. But, if the same content is available on a safer platform, it would be a no-brainer, right?
On Living Scriptures Streaming, you can watch every single Latter Day Kids video that’s ever been made, and you’ll also discover 1,000’s of additional uplifting movies and shows!
Protect your kids, save some frustration, and support a platform that celebrates positive and wholesome media! Try Living Scriptures Streaming completely free for 60 days with this link: https://www.livingscriptures.com/ldk
No risk, no commitments. If you don’t like it, you can cancel before the trial ends with no other obligation. But, we’re pretty sure you’ll love it!A