The story of Noah and the ark is miraculous! As your family learns about the story of Noah, we hope these materials can enhance your study! What do we learn from Noah? What can we learn from those that chose to ignore his warnings? Why are we given commandments from our prophets? These questions and more will be discussed in this week's lesson bundle!
LESSON BUNDLE DOWNLOADS:
➤ L E S S O N
Open the lesson with a song and a prayer.
🎶 O P E N I N G S O N G : "Follow the Prophet"
➤ P R E P A R A T I O N
You will need several sheets of printer paper, and a large bowl of water.
➤ I N T R O D U C T I O N
Have the children create paper boats by following the directions in the video “How to Fold a Paper Boat.” Allow the children to take turns placing their paper boats inside the bowl of water to see them float!
Explain that God commanded Noah to build a boat to protect Noah and His family when God flooded the earth. Just like Noah and his family received protection from the flood by following God’s commandments, we can also receive spiritual protection by following God’s commandments!
🎥 V I D E O : "Noah's Ark | Animated Scripture Lesson for Kids"
Say: “Now we are going to watch a video that tells the story of Noah and the Ark! Let’s watch and see why God wanted Noah to build the ark.”
Discuss the following questions after watching the video:
1) Why did God tell Noah to build the ark? (To protect Noah and his family from the flood.)
2) What did Noah do? Did he obey? Or did he ignore God? (Noah did everything that God asked him to do.)
3) If Noah ignored God and didn’t build the ark, would they have been saved from the flood? (No! If Noah didn’t build the ark, they would not have had God’s protection.)
4) What promise did God make to Noah, and his family, and to all of the animals after the flood? (That he would never flood the whole earth again.)
➤ S C R I P T U R E
Read the following scriptures and discuss the questions that follow.
[Read Moses 8:19-20]
And the Lord ordained Noah after his own order, and commanded him that he should go forth and declare his Gospel unto the children of men, even as it was given unto Enoch. And it came to pass that Noah called upon the children of men that they should repent; but they hearkened not unto his words;
1) What did God command Noah to do before the flood? (God called Noah to preach the Gospel to all of the people.)
2) What did Noah do? (He obeyed, and he taught repentance to the people.)
3) What did the people do? Did they listen to Noah? (No, the people did not listen to the prophet.)
Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
1) Who is speaking in this verse? (Jesus Christ is speaking.)
2) What did Jesus Christ say we should do to withstand the spiritual storms and floods that will come? (We should build on the rock of Jesus Christ!)
3) Do we only need to hear the teachings of Christ? Or do we need to do them? (When we hear them, we need to do them!)
[Read the first part of Ether 9:28]
And there came prophets in the land again, crying repentance unto them…
1) Who does Heavenly Father send to teach us about His commandments? (He sends his prophets to teach us.)
➤ A C T I V I T Y
Pass out the coloring page! Invite children to color the scene from the video. Use this time to discuss ways that family members can be united and love and serve one another.
➤ T E S T I M O N Y
Bear testimony of the truths found in the scriptures.
If you would like to support the future of Latter Day Kids,
please consider becoming a monthly patron!
Click HERE to find out more! !