Moses and the Plagues of Egypt (March 28th-April 3rd)
The Israelites are in bondage, Moses has come to negotiate the freedom of his people. Pharaoh is refusing to free the Israelites. So God sends forth a plague to soften the heart of Pharaoh. But Pharaoh's heart is as hard as ever. So God sent another plague, no change, then another and another. We all know how the story ends with the final culmination of the sea being parted and the Israelites escaping bondage. So how does this story story apply to us? What is the take away? This lesson distill the lessons to be learned through this scripture story.
LESSON BUNDLE DOWNLOADS:
➤ L E S S O N
Open the lesson with a song and a prayer.
🎶 O P E N I N G S O N G : "Faith"
➤ P R E P A R A T I O N
You will need a pencil for each child and some tape. Print the “Plagues of Egypt” spinner activity before the lesson.
➤ I N T R O D U C T I O N
Follow the directions on the “Plagues of Egypt” spinner activity page, and help each child construct a paper spinner depicting one of the plagues of Egypt! Allow the children to take turns spinning them, and discuss the plagues depicted on the spinners.
After the activity, explain the following: Moses was sent by God to help free the Israelites from bondage and to lead them out of Egypt. But Pharaoh had a hard heart and he would not let the Israelites go! Today we are going to learn how Moses was able to finally free the Israelites from bondage!
🎥 V I D E O : "The Ten Plagues of Egypt | A Scripture Lesson for Kids"
Say: “Now we are going to watch a video about the Ten Plagues of Egypt! Each time Pharaoh refused to let God’s people go, God performed another miracle to show his power to Pharaoh. How many of the ten plagues can you remember?”
[Watch Video: “The Ten Plagues of Egypt | Animated Scripture Lesson for Kids”
Discuss the following questions after watching the video:
1) Which of the ten plagues can you remember? (See how many of the plagues the children can recall.)
2) Why did the Lord send the plagues to Pharaoh? (To show him God’s power so that he would let God’s people go.)
3) What are some things that God has done to show you his power? (Discuss.)
➤ S C R I P T U R E
Read the scriptures below and discuss the questions that follow.
And it came to pass the selfsame day, that the Lord did bring the children of Israel out of the land of Egypt.
1) Whose power brought the children of Israel out of Egypt? (God’s power.)
2) Who is more powerful? God, or Pharaoh? (God is more powerful.)
3) Is there anyone more powerful than God? (God is all powerful.)
Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness;
1) What does this verse teach us that God’s power can do? (His power can strengthen us, and it can help us be patient with joyfulness.)
[Read the first part of Moroni 6:4]
And after they had been received unto baptism, and were wrought upon and cleansed by the power of the Holy Ghost, they were numbered among the people of the church of Christ…
1) How does God clean our hearts and make us pure? (By the power of the Holy Ghost.)
2) If God wasn’t powerful, could he make us clean? (No, he must be powerful to do it!)
➤ A C T I V I T Y
Pass out the coloring page. Invite the children to color the scene from the video. Use this time to talk about the people who care for you, and the things you can do to care for others. feelings, and about forgiveness.
➤ T E S T I M O N Y
Bear testimony of the truths found in the scriptures.
If you would like to support the future of Latter Day Kids, please consider becoming a monthly patron!
Click HERE to find out more!