'Behold I Stand at the Door and Knock'
This week the focus is on Revelation 3:20: "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me."
Download this week's Lesson Bundle HERE!
➤ L E S S O N
Open the lesson with a song and a prayer.
🎶 O P E N I N G S O N G : "I Feel My Savior's Love"
➤ I N T R O D U C T I O N
Send someone outside of the room and close the door. Instruct that person to knock several different times (they should wait for a while every time they knock). Instruct children to refrain from answering the door while the person is knocking.
Once you are finished with this activity, discuss the following questions:
1) Why do we have doors? (Discuss)
2) What are some times when we should open our doors? (Discuss)
3) What are some times when we should not open our doors? (Discuss)
4) Do you think we have something like a door in our hearts (so we can let some things in and
keep other things out)? (Discuss)
🎥 V I D E O : " Stand at the Door and Knock"
Say: “Jesus Christ is knocking on a door. He wants to come inside our hearts and he wants to teach us. While you watch the video, see if you can answer this question: Does Jesus break the door down and force his way in, or does he just knock?”
[Watch Video: “I Stand at the Door and Knock | Kids Animated Scripture Lesson”]
Discuss the following questions after watching the video:
1) Does Jesus break down the door and force his way in, or does he just knock? (Discuss)
2) Why do you think Jesus Christ wants to come inside? (Discuss)
3) Why do you think this person didn’t open the door yet? (Discuss)
4) How long was Jesus knocking on the door? (The whole time)
5) Do you think he ever stops knocking, or do you think he is always knocking? (Discuss)
➤ S C R I P T U R E
Read the verses below and discuss the questions that follow.
1) Do you think Jesus Christ wants to come inside our hearts? (Discuss)
2) The door is a symbol for things that keep Jesus out of our hearts. What are some things that you think can keep Jesus out of our hearts? (Discuss)
3) What are some things that you think can let him in? (Discuss)
➤ A C T I V I T Y
Invite children to color the doors on the first page, then color the images of Jesus Christ on the second page. Cut out the door openings (on the dotted line ONLY) and fold along the hinges. Glue or tape the first page on top of the second page so that the open doors reveal the image of Jesus Christ.
Invite Children to make a “knock” on a nearby object and then open the doors as they discuss things they can do to let Jesus Christ come into their lives.
➤ T E S T I M O N Y
Bear testimony of the truths found in the scriptures.
'Come, Follow Me' is a resource offered by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It is designed to be used in the home to support personal and family scripture study to build faith in Heavenly Father and His plan of salvation and in the Savior Jesus Christ and His Atonement. Come, Follow Me is self-contained and adequate, when used properly. Products and materials designed to supplement this resource, though they may be helpful in some instances, are not necessary for a successful home study program.