I Can Teach Others about Jesus Christ: July 24th-30th
Sharing the light of Christ can be challenging in a world shrouded in darkness – where many people openly revile against the light of truth! But that’s also the reason why it is so important for us to continue to share the light!
The Lord is doing a great and marvelous work. There are many who are seeking His light, and many hearts are prepared to receive Jesus Christ right now!
We have the opportunity – and responsibility – to hold up the guiding light for others!
This week’s lesson focuses on how we can bless, cheer, and bring others to Christ by following Him, and by inviting others to do the same!
LESSON BUNDLE DOWNLOADS:
➤ L E S S O N
Open the lesson with a song and a prayer.
🎶 O P E N I N G S O N G : "We'll Bring the World His Truth"
➤ P R E P A R A T I O N
You will need some lego bricks, two small plastic bins, some sand or dirt, some small rocks, and a pitcher of water. Partially fill one bin with rocks, and partially fill the other bin with dirt or sand. Build a small house with the lego blocks.
➤ I N T R O D U C T I O N
Invite the children to gather around the two bins so that they can see what happens up close.
Place the lego house on top of the sand inside the first bin. Explain that the sand represents a weak foundation! Invite the children to predict what will happen to the house when you pour water on the sand (discuss their predictions). The house should be very unstable and the house should move with the shifting sand when you pour the water on the sand.
Next, place the lego house on top of the rocks inside the other bin. Explain that the rocks represent a strong and firm foundation! Invite the children to predict what will happen to the house when you pour water on the rocks (discuss their predictions). The house should be stable and should not move when you pour the water on the rocks.
After you have completed the activity, invite the children to return to their seats and discuss the following questions:
1) When we have faith in Jesus Christ, is that like building our house on the sand? Or is that like building our house on the rock? (Having faith in Jesus Christ is like building our house on the rock.)
2) Why is having faith in Jesus Christ like building our house on the rock? (Because Jesus has the power to redeem us. He will not break His promises, and He will not let us down.)
3) If some of God’s children don’t know about the rock, what can we do? (We can tell people about Jesus Christ and invite them to follow Jesus!)
4) Who are the people who have taught you about Jesus Christ? (Invite the children to reflect on the people in their lives who have taught them about Jesus Christ.)
🎥 V I D E O : "Sand Castles | Animated Scripture Lesson for Kids"
“Now we are going to watch a video about some children who are building sand castles on the beach! But, some of the children run into a problem. Let’s watch and see what happens!”
Discuss the following questions after watching the video:
1) What happened to some of the children’s sand castles? (The waves kept washing them away!)
2) Did someone help them? (Yes, the other girl helped them!)
3) What did the girl do to help them? (She told them about the rock, and invited them to build their sand castles on the rock with her!)
4) What is the rock a symbol of? (Jesus Christ!)
➤ S C R I P T U R E
Read the following scriptures and discuss the questions that follow.
And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto God: and the prisoners heard them. And suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken: and immediately all the doors were opened, and every one’s bands were loosed.
1) Who was praying and singing praises to God? (Two of Jesus’ disciples: Paul and Silas.)
2) Where were they? (They were in prison even though they didn’t do anything wrong.)
3) What happened after they prayed? (There was an earthquake and the walls of the prison fell down, and Paul and Silas were set free.)
Then he called for a light, and sprang in, and came trembling, and fell down before Paul and Silas, And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
1) Who came into the prison trembling? (The prison guard. He was afraid!)
2) What did the guard say to Silas and Paul? (He knew Paul and Silas had the power of God with them, and he asked them what He should do to be saved.)
And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house.
1) What did Paul and Silas say to the prison Guard? (They taught Him about Jesus Christ!)
2) How did Paul and Silas help others build on the rock? (They were praying, they were singing, and they were willing to tell other people about Jesus Christ.)
[Read the first part of 3 Nephi 12:14]
Verily, verily, I say unto you, I give unto you to be the light of this people…
1) Who is speaking? (Jesus Christ is speaking to the people of Nephi.)
2) What does it mean to be the “light of this people?” (To be an example and to teach others about Jesus Christ.)
3) What are some things we can do to let the light of Jesus Christ shine inside us? (Discuss some things we can do to follow Jesus Christ and help others follow Him.)
➤ C O L O R I N G P A G E S
Pass out the coloring page and activity page, one to each child. Invite the children to color the scene from the video. Use this time to talk about the ways we can shine the light of Jesus Christ for others to see, and why Heavenly Father wants us to teach others about Jesus Christ.
➤ T E S T I M O N Y
Bear testimony of the truths found in the scriptures.