'He Will Deliver You'
God is a deliverer. In scripture we find account after account of the Lord delivering those that follow him and put their trust in him. Our children need to know that they can be delivered, just as the examples in the scriptures teach. Our lesson bundle aims to do just that.
Download this week's Lesson Bundle HERE!
➤ L E S S O N
Open the lesson with a song and a prayer.
🎶 O P E N I N G S O N G : "I Am A Child Of God"
➤ P R E P A R A T I O N
You will need crayons and a blank sheet of paper for each child. Also, print out one copy of the “Who would you trust to take care of your pet fish?” activity page.
➤ I N T R O D U C T I O N
Pass out crayons and paper to each child. Set a timer for 2 minutes, and invite each child to draw themselves a new pet fish! Invite them to name their fish, and to write the name of their fish on
Now invite children to take turns briefly introducing their pet fish to the group (show and tell).
Take out the “Who would you trust to take care of your pet fish?” printable. Invite children to imagine that their pet fish are real.
Say: “Your pet fish is very special to you and you love your fish very much. But you are leaving for a week to go on a vacation and you need someone to take care of your fish for you while you are away. Who would you trust to take care of your fish?”
Show the activity page to the children. Read and discuss the attributes of each person and compare them. Then discuss the following questions:
1) If you love your pet fish, and you want your fish to be okay, who would you trust to take care of your fish? (Heavenly Father)
2) Why would you trust Heavenly Father the most? (discuss His attributes)
3) Do you think we can trust Heavenly Father with other things? (discuss)
Explain: The scriptures teach us about Heavenly Father. And when we learn about Him, then we can trust Him more and more. Heavenly Father is perfect! He is powerful! He loves and wants us to be happy! And He knows everything! That is why we can trust Heavenly Father.
🎥 V I D E O : "He Will Deliver You⎥Animated Scripture Lesson for Kids"
Say: “Now we are going to watch a video about trusting God! We’ll see five stories from the scriptures that show us about how God can use his power to help us when we trust Him. See if you can remember all five stories.”
Discuss the following questions after watching the video:
1) How many of the stories can you remember? (Noah’s Ark, Daniel and the Lion’s Den, Samuel the Lamanite, Jaredite Barges, and Lehi in the Wilderness)
2) Who helped the people in these stories? (God/Heavenly Father)
As you continue through the questions, use your judgement to decide how many of the stories to discuss (discussing all of the stories might be too much for smaller children).
1) Was Noah serving God when God helped him? (yes)
2) What did God ask Noah to do? (build an ark, gather animals)
3) What things do you think were hard or scary for Noah? (discuss)
4) Did Noah trust God and do it anyway? (yes)
5) Was Daniel serving God when God helped him? (yes)
6) What did God ask Daniel to do? (pray to him)
7) What things do you think were hard or scary for Daniel? (discuss)
8) Did Samuel trust God and do it anyway? (yes)
9) Was Samuel the Lamanite serving God when God helped him? (yes)
10) What did God ask Samuel to do? (go to Zarahemla, tell the people to repent)
11) What things do you think were hard or scary for Samuel? (discuss)
12) Did Samuel trust God? (yes)
13) Was Lehi serving God when God helped him? (yes)
14) What did God ask Lehi to do? (leave Jerusalem, travel to the promised land)
15) What things do you think were hard or scary for Lehi? (discuss)
16) Did Lehi trust God? (yes)
17) Were the Jaredites serving God when God helped him? (yes)
18) What did God ask the Jaredites to do? (build barges, travel to the promised land)
19) What things do you think were hard or scary for the Jaredites? (discuss)
20) Did the Jaredites trust God? (yes)
➤ S C R I P T U R E
Read the following verses together and discuss the questions that follow.
[Read Mosiah 7:19]
King Limhi told a story in this verse to help his people trust God.
1) Did you know what story he told them from the bible? (delivering the Israelites from bondage, parting of the Red Sea, feeding them with manna from heaven so they could survive in the wilderness)
2) This scripture told us we can put our trust in someone. Do you remember who? (God)
[Read Mosiah 7:33]
This scripture said to trust God.
1) Do you think we should trust God? Why? (talk about God’s attributes: loves us perfectly,
knows all things, all powerful)
2) This scripture also said to serve God. What are some things God has asked us to do to
serve Him? (discuss)
3) What can we do to show God that we trust him and want to serve Him? (discuss)
➤ A C T I V I T Y
Invite children to color the coloring pages of the scripture stories. Use this opportunity to discuss how these individuals served God, and how they showed that they trusted God.
➤ T E S T I M O N Y
Bear testimony of the truths found in the scriptures.
'Come, Follow Me' is a resource offered by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It is designed to be used in the home to support personal and family scripture study to build faith in Heavenly Father and His plan of salvation and in the Savior Jesus Christ and His Atonement. Come, Follow Me is self-contained and adequate, when used properly. Products and materials designed to supplement this resource, though they may be helpful in some instances, are not necessary for a successful home study program.