Faith is Like Planting a Seed
The video for this week, "Faith is Like Planting a Seed", will teach what faith is, and that faith is action! This video will give children a connection to the scriptures about faith with the Come Follow Me scriptures: Colossians 1:23 and 2:6-7.
Download this week's Lesson Bundle HERE!
➤ L E S S O N
Open the lesson with a song and a prayer.
🎶 O P E N I N G S O N G : "Faith"
➤ I N T R O D U C T I O N
Invite children to do one jumping jack (only one!). As an alternate option, you could invite children to do one push up, one sit up, run in place, squeeze their hands in a fist for one second, or any other activity that might be appropriate for your circumstances.
After children complete this activity, ask the following questions:
1) Was this easy? Or difficult? (easy)
2) Why was it easy? (They only had to do the activity for a short time.)
Now invite children to do the same activity, but for a longer period of time. After children begin to get tired, ask them to stop. Then ask the following questions:
1) Why do you feel tired? (It’s hard, muscles aren’t strong enough, etc.)
2) Is it easier to do something for a long time, or for a short time?
3) If we want to get stronger, what do we have to do? (exercise)
🎥 V I D E O : "Faith is Like Planting a Seed"
Say: “We are going to see a story about a boy who wanted to plant a corn seed! Do you think he’ll take care of the seed for a long time? Even when he is tired? Let’s watch, and see what he does!”