Baby Moses (March 21st-27th)
Moses had a big destiny to fulfill. He would bring his people out of captivity. But early in his life, there were some other important people who protected, guided, and preserved Moses, in his infancy to fulfill this important work. Can you think of some special people that the Lord sent to guide and protect you during different seasons of your own life?
LESSON BUNDLE DOWNLOADS:
➤ L E S S O N
Open the lesson with a song and a prayer.
🎶 O P E N I N G S O N G : "Give Said the Little Stream"
➤ P R E P A R A T I O N
You will need aluminum foil, some napkins, and a small lego person (or some other small figurine) for each child. You will also need a shallow pan or cookie sheet filled part way with water.
➤ I N T R O D U C T I O N
Invite the children to use a small portion of the napkin to wrap up the lego person like a baby in a swaddling blanket. Next, invite each child to make an aluminum foil “basket” for the baby. When they are finished with this, invite all of the children to place their baby Moses baskets into the water and watch them float!
Discuss the following questions:
1) Who does this activity remind you of? (Baby Moses!)
2) Who is Moses? What did he do? (He delivered the Israelites from the Egyptians.)
Explain: When Moses was grown, he was called by God to protect the Israelites from Pharaoh. But before that, God sent some other people to protect Moses! Today we are going to learn about some of the people that protected Moses!
🎥 V I D E O : "The Boy Who Got Stuck Being Angry | A Story About Forgiving Others"
Say: “Now we are going to watch a video about three women who protected and took care of Moses when he was a baby! See if you can remember who the three women are!”
[Watch Video: “Baby Moses \ Animated Scripture Lesson for Kids]
Discuss the following questions after watching the video:
1) Can you remember who the three women were who cared for Moses? (Jochebed, Miriam, and Pharaoh’s daughter.)
2) Why do you think these women wanted to take care of Moses? (Discuss.)
3) Can you think of some people in your life who care for you? (Discuss.)
➤ S C R I P T U R E
Read the scriptures below and discuss the questions that follow.
And when she could not longer hide him, she took for him an ark of bulrushes, and daubed it with slime and with pitch, and put the child therein; and she laid it in the flags by the river’s brink.
1) What did Jochebed (Moses’ mother) do to care for Moses? (She cared for him when he was a baby, and she made a basket for Moses and hid him from Pharaoh.)
Then said his sister to Pharaoh’s daughter, Shall I go and call to thee a nurse of the Hebrew women, that she may nurse the child for thee?
1) What did Miriam (Moses’ sister) do to take care of Moses? (She watched over him when he was in the basket, and she asked Pharaoh’s daughter if she wanted help caring for the baby.)
And the child grew, and she brought him unto Pharaoh’s daughter, and he became her son. And she called his name Moses…
1) What did Pharaoh’s daughter do to care for Moses? (She adopted him and took care of him when he was a boy.)
2) Can you think of 5 things that other people have done to care for you? (Count them on your fingers!)
3) Can you think of 5 things that you can do to care for someone else? (Count them on your fingers!)
➤ A C T I V I T Y
Pass out the coloring page. Invite the children to color the scene from the video. Use this time to talk about the people who care for you, and the things you can do to care for others. feelings, and about forgiveness.
➤ T E S T I M O N Y
Bear testimony of the truths found in the scriptures.
If you would like to support the future of Latter Day Kids, please consider becoming a monthly patron!
Click HERE to find out more!