All Things Must Be Done in Order
God's house is a house of order. He does not operate in chaos and confusion. God has chosen a prophet today who is authorized to receive revelation for the whole church. He has been called by God to fulfill this role, and he is sustained by the membership of the church. This lesson will help give you the tools you need to make this principle relatable for your young children.
Download this week's Lesson Bundle HERE!
Download this week's Activity Page HERE!
➤ L E S S O N
Open the lesson with a song and a prayer.
🎶 K A R A O K E V I D E O : "We Thank Thee, O God, For a Prophet"
➤ P R E P A R A T I O N
You will need 10 toys of various sizes (the children will be putting them in order from largest to smallest).
➤ I N T R O D U C T I O N
Place the toys randomly on the floor in a messy pile. Explain to the children that the toys are out of order. Invite the children to reposition the toys and put them in order in a straight row, largest to smallest. After the children have completed the activity, ask them to return to their seats and then discuss the following questions.
1) Were the toys in order at the beginning? (No.)
2) Were the toys in order when you were finished? (Yes.)
3) Can you think of anything else in your house that is in order? (Some examples might be clothes organized into drawers, trash in the trash can, dishes that are stacked, etc.)
4) Do you think Heavenly Father’s house is a house of order? Or a house of confusion? (A house of order.)
5) Why do you think Heavenly Father’s house is a house of order? (Discuss.)