All Things Must Be Done in Order
God's house is a house of order. He does not operate in chaos and confusion. God has chosen a prophet today who is authorized to receive revelation for the whole church. He has been called by God to fulfill this role, and he is sustained by the membership of the church. This lesson will help give you the tools you need to make this principle relatable for your young children.
Download this week's Lesson Bundle HERE!
Download this week's Activity Page HERE!
➤ L E S S O N
Open the lesson with a song and a prayer.
🎶 K A R A O K E V I D E O : "We Thank Thee, O God, For a Prophet"
➤ P R E P A R A T I O N
You will need 10 toys of various sizes (the children will be putting them in order from largest to smallest).
➤ I N T R O D U C T I O N
Place the toys randomly on the floor in a messy pile. Explain to the children that the toys are out of order. Invite the children to reposition the toys and put them in order in a straight row, largest to smallest. After the children have completed the activity, ask them to return to their seats and then discuss the following questions.
1) Were the toys in order at the beginning? (No.)
2) Were the toys in order when you were finished? (Yes.)
3) Can you think of anything else in your house that is in order? (Some examples might be clothes organized into drawers, trash in the trash can, dishes that are stacked, etc.)
4) Do you think Heavenly Father’s house is a house of order? Or a house of confusion? (A house of order.)
5) Why do you think Heavenly Father’s house is a house of order? (Discuss.)
Explain: One of the ways that Heavenly Father keeps His house in order is by calling a prophet to lead his church. If we didn’t have a prophet, we would be confused and things would get out of order!
🎥 V I D E O : "Atlas and the Pirate Ship | Animated Scripture Lesson for Kids"
Say: “Now we are going to watch a video about a pirate ship! Let’s see if there is order on the ship, or
if there is confusion!”
Discuss the following questions after watching the video:
1) Was there order on the ship at the beginning? Or was there confusion? (There was confusion!)
2) Was there order on the ship at the end? (Yes!)
3) What brought order to the ship? (They all knew who the captain was!)
4) Who does the captain represent? (The prophet.)
5) What do you think would happen if we didn’t have a prophet? (Discuss.)
➤ S C R I P T U R E
Read the following scriptures and discuss the questions that follow.
13 For all things must be done in order, and by common consent in the church, by the prayer of faith.
1) How does Heavenly Father want things to be done in his church? (In order and by common consent.)
8 Behold, mine house is a house of order, saith the Lord God, and not a house of confusion.
1) What kind of house is the Lord’s house? (A house of order.)
2) Is the Lord’s house a house of confusion? (No.)
3) What did the Apostle Paul teach the members of the church to do? (To speak to each other in hymns and songs, and to sing to the Lord.)
1 ...and I would that ye should remember that the Lord God ordained priests, after his holy order, which was after the order of his Son, to teach these things unto the people.
1) Were the priests ordained with confusion, or with order? (With order.)
2) What were they ordained to do? (To teach these things.)
➤ A C T I V I T Y
Invite the children to color the scene from the video. Use this time to talk about the order of things in Christ’s church.
➤ T E S T I M O N Y
Bear testimony of the truths found in the scriptures.
Many thanks to this week's video sponsor Kindred Kids!
Kindred Kids Cards: 52 cards that include the Come, Follow Me theme + scripture + activity or prompt for each week of the year. Keep your littles engaged each week as they look forward to collecting their Kindred Card. Each card has it's own illustration to engage little minds, a scripture to go along with the lesson, and a challenge to help your kids put the principles into action.
FREE Weekly Come, Follow Me Lessons: Kindred Kids also offers weekly Come, Follow Me lessons and printables. The lessons coordinate seamlessly with the Kindred Cards and will help build your littles testimonies.
'Come, Follow Me' is a resource offered by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It is designed to be used in the home to support personal and family scripture study to build faith in Heavenly Father and His plan of salvation and in the Savior Jesus Christ and His Atonement. Come, Follow Me is self-contained and adequate, when used properly. Products and materials designed to supplement this resource, though they may be helpful in some instances, are not necessary for a successful home study program.