"A God of Miracles"
Our Heavenly Father is a God of miracles! This is part of His character. Evidence of His miracles weaved throughout scripture. Our loving father provides and blesses us in miraculous ways, just as he did anciently. We hope this week's lesson can create bring your family closer to Christ and help you to see the miracles that God has provided in your lives!
Download this week's Lesson Bundle below!
➤ L E S S O N
Open the lesson with a song and a prayer.
🎶 K A R A O K E V I D E O : "Tell Me the Stories of Jesus"
➤ P R E P A R A T I O N
You will need some pencils and some tape, and you will need to print out the “Paper Spinner” activity page before you begin the lesson.
Invite children to cut out the rectangles, color the images, and complete the “Paper Spinner” activity (this activity is included in the activity pages file). After they have assembled the spinners, tell them that they are going to use their power to make something amazing happen! Tell them to spin the pencil by rubbing their hands together. Have them watch closely, an illusion will appear!
After you complete the activity, invite the children to return to their seats, and then discuss the following questions.
1) What happened when you used your power to spin the pencil? (The image appeared!)
2) If you didn’t use your power, would you be able to see the picture? (No.)
Explain: Heavenly Father is a “God of Miracles” and He has power to do all things. You just used your power to make a picture appear and that was pretty amazing! But God can do even more amazing things! He can even do things that seem impossible to us! And when He uses His power to do something amazing, that’s called a miracle!
“For with God nothing shall be impossible.” -Luke 1:37
🎥 V I D E O : "A God of Miracles" | Scripture Lesson for Kids"
Now we are going to watch a video about some times when God used his power to do miracles! There are hundreds of miracles in the scriptures. Let’s see how many of those miracles are in this video! Can you count them?
Discuss the following questions after watching the video:
1) How many miracles from the scriptures did you count? (Five.)
2) Which ones do you remember? (Discuss.)
3) Who’s power made the miracles happen? (Heavenly Father’s power.)
4) Do you think God will ever stop doing miracles? Why not? (Discuss.)
➤ S C R I P T U R E
Read the following scriptures and discuss the questions that follow.
11 But behold, I will show unto you a God of miracles, even the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob; and it is that same God who created the heavens and the earth, and all things that in them are.
1) How does Mormon describe God? (Mormon says He is “a God of miracles.”)
2) What do you think “a God of Miracles” means? What does that tell us about God? (Discuss.)
19 And if there were miracles wrought then, why has God ceased to be a God of miracles and yet be an unchangeable Being? And behold, I say unto you he changeth not; if so he would cease to be God; and he ceaseth not to be God, and is a God of miracles.
1) Will God ever change? (No! He does not change.)
2) Has God stopped being a God of miracles today? (No. He is a God of miracles today, just like the past.)
20 And the reason why he ceaseth to do miracles among the children of men is because that they dwindle in unbelief, and depart from the right way, and know not the God in whom they should trust.
1) Is there something that would make God stop doing miracles for us? (Yes.)
2) What is the reason He would stop doing miracles among us? (If we dwindle in unbelief, depart from the right way, and don’t know God, He will cease to do miracles among us.)
➤ C O L O R I N G P A G E
Pass out the activity page and coloring page.
Invite Children to complete the “Fiery Furnace” activity by drawing all of the flames that surrounded Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego! Remember that the flames were so hot that the king’s servants died when they got too close! But the fire didn’t have power over Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego and the flames did not hurt them!
➤ T E S T I M O N Y
Bear testimony of the truths found in the scriptures.
This week's lesson and video were brought to you by our friends at Kanga Toys!
'Come, Follow Me' is a resource offered by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It is designed to be used in the home to support personal and family scripture study to build faith in Heavenly Father and His plan of salvation and in the Savior Jesus Christ and His Atonement. Come, Follow Me is self-contained and adequate, when used properly. Products and materials designed to supplement this resource, though they may be helpful in some instances, are not necessary for a successful home study program.